Jet Comparison

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've been curious to see the size difference between the F-22 (Starscream's alt-mode) and the SR71 (Jetfire's alt-mode), so I decided to make a comparison photo of my own. The SR71 is significantly bigger than the F-22, though that's not surprising. I've actually seen an SR71 up close in person, and, it may have just been me, but it doesn't actually seem all that big when you see it in person. Though that might have been the difference in angle when you're looking at it from the side than when you look at it from the top. Should be interesting to see how big Jetfire is in bot-mode. Especially compared to Optimus Prime.

[​IMG]

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    You have to figure that a lot of the "neck" would just collapse in on itself during transformation, so he's not really that much bigger than Starscream.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Good point. Other than the engines and some of the back half of the jet body, the overall jet isn't that thick. He'll still more than likely be pretty large compared to Prime. I can see him being about the same height as Starscream, which would make a battle between them a little more interesting. That way they seem a bit more equal.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    cool-any chance of putting a human in the shot too? cause ive never been up close to either one, so the size comparison isnt as helpful as it could be. though its still fantastic-means that he wont be tooo HUGE, though in Transformers, i dont think being tooo HUGE is a problem

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sure. It's a little hard to see, but I put in two people standing next to each other (just found a drawing of two people standing together using google). That's if the people in question are 6' tall, though there wouldn't be a huge difference if I went with someone shorter than that. It was just easier going off of a nice even height, since the scale I'm using is 4 pixels= 1 foot. I hope this helps.

[​IMG]

(this is the drawing I used: http://www.cjsni.gov.uk/uploads/images/YouthZone_chars_01.jpg )

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

What's really going to hurt our brains is that a full truck, from the nose-tip of a Peterbilt to the back of a tractor trailer, is about the same length as the F-22. Theoretically, Starscream and Jetfire can be able to pick up Bumblebee in their hands like we pick up Ultimate Bumblebee.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think Starscream's width in bot-mode will help make him and the others closer in size to each other, though he is pretty massive compared to one's like BB and the other car-bots. I'm still trying to figure out how Prime and Jetfire are going to combine without it looking like Energon Prime combined with Omega Supreme. Essentially Omega Supreme's (Jetfire in this case) body with Optimus Prime's head for the head. Would be kinda funny to see Starscream pick up Bumblebee and toss him around like his Animated counterpart did. Wouldn't be too off from that scale either.

8. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

Here's one I made a while back

[​IMG]

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I don't know if that is accurate. Bumblebee is supposed to be 16 feet tall. And I'd guess that Starscream is roughly 60 feet tall since an F-22 Raptor is 62 feet long. He'd be about 4x BB's height. Your image looks like he is about 2x.

10. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

There's alot of conflicting info on all the robot heights, but I think BB is 18 feet. Thats the height of the life-size replica they built.

Starscream compacts and widens instead of growing longer so he shrinks quite a bit. Most sources give Starscream about 30 plus feet in height. That's with a bit of cheating I'm sure, since the F22 is really that huge, but I gave him abt 33 feet with his legs bent.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    who's the bot second from the left?

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    That's the Wreckage concept image shrunken down.

13. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

Yep, Wreckage was designed for the movie but never used.

[​IMG]

14. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

wow, I've never seen that wreckage art before

15. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

His pre-production name was Stryker, and he was gonna be a Stryker APC

16. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Bumble Bee is 18 feet tall and Starscream is 31 feet tall in movie.

17. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Was Blackout really that big?

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Pavelows are HUGE.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, he was the largest bot in the first movie. The MH-53 Pave Low that he turned into is 88ft long. Comparatively the F-22 Raptor is 62ft long.

20. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

Blackout's height there is based on my guesstimate. I put him at 45 feet tall at the head. It's probably the most inaccurate one there.

Most sources give him 31 or so feet which is too short, because he's supposed to be the largest decepticon, and based on his voyager toy's alt mode, he should be 55 feet tall, and that's not counting the huge amount of kibble he has (he's like, half robot, half kibble). So I compromised with a guesstimate: 45 feet. His backpack extends higher.

And yes, Pavelows are huge.