Jerks That Don't Contact You!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Destroyer, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

This is my bitch thread,
    Don't you hate it when people have items and it says they combine shipping?Then when you win the items for really cheap they don't want to combine shipping or contact you back.Or the jerks that don't tell you how much shipping is at all then won't contact you back.Although it is something you really want so you bid anyway,then they tell you shipping is like $20.00 for a tiny item.Then you get it and the postal charges were $2.08 for first class mail.It make me want to mail them back a surprise!!!!
    Just bitching,Destroyer

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I'm dealing with a seller who won't respond to my "request for total." I know he is just hoping I will get impatient and pay full shipping for both, but that is not going to happen. They are both large items and there is no way I'm paying that, he also needs to calculate the insurance. I requested a total on Monday.

3. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

*Sigh* more examples of why I abhor eBay so much.

Destroyer: Been there, done that

Moonstreaker: You may want to give it another day or so then send the seller some emails. eBay's messaging system - like many of their other "features" - is a miserable failure, and there's quite a few posts on their technical forums about messages not reaching their destinations. I've had the same problem myself lately. I wouldn't give it too much longer tho. Good luck with your transaction!

4. defstar

defstar Autobot...

When it comes to the "combining shipping" thing I try not to use the Ebay Power sellers...(those with 2000 plus transactions)...i seems they are the hardest to get responses from...

5. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I've been lucky with this so far (knock on wood), though I have gotten a few of those "$10 shipping, but stamps shows $2.08" deals happen to me in the past. I'm about to start selling on eBay and I plan to build a rep for prompt responses, fair shipping, and no shenanigoats.

6. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I try not to bid if I don't know the shipping. I've been burned on this before. It is enjoyable to watch their auctions either not sell or sell for a lower price than you were willing to pay though. They had an interested buyer, and chose not to share the information.

On a semi-related note: Just a little pet peeve of mine here... When you say you ship to US/Canada... Why don't you list all of the shipping charges in your auction?!? It would save you the pain of answering these simple questions.

7. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I once bought a DVD Prime for $42 shipped and the jerk didnt reply to my messages for 2 weeks. After I asked him for my money back he said he wouldnt refund me until I left him positive feedback. He was a total f@660t. :thumbdown 

8. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I won a MIB Jetfire Saturday for a really cheap price. Seller had a "buy now" on $300, but I ended up winning it for $185 in regular bidding.... I still haven't recieved an invoice though i've requested one.

Also many times I've paid overprice for shipping, but I'm starting to give negative feedback when they do so (however prior to that i do contact them).

9. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Just call him on it. Send an email saying "I know you're ignoring my emails. Grow a pair."

10. P. Smitty

P. Smitty Active Member

I know that I've been hosed on shipping many times over the course of my ebay experience, but I've also nutted up a couple of times and threatened to leave negative feeback over paying someting like $30 shipping for an item that cost $10 to ship (seriously, if you're going to overcharge on shipping don't rub salt in the wounds of the buyer by using a service that prints the shipping charge on the label) - when I make that threat a number of times I've received a partial shipping refund for the difference.

The best though was just recently. I questioned the seller on shipping before using a buy it now feature on an auction. I was fine with the qoute and went ahead and completed the transaction with the quoted shipping cost. 3 days later, I was surprised to see a refund for $3 worth of shipping becuase he overcharged me. I usually charge a $2-3 markup on my shipping for handling costs (and to offset the times when I mis-estimate and actually have to eat some shipping costs) but I think I'm going to pay it forward and refund any difference to the next person who buys one of my auctions. Things like that just make you smile.

11. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Shipping & Handling:

Shipping - How much the item will cost when packaged to be sent
    Handling - How the item is packed & readied to be shipped.

If someone charges you $30 for shipping and the toy comes in a Ziploc in a shoebox with newspaper and a $7.00 shipping cost - gripe. If they charge you $30 and the toy comes double-wrapped with packing peanuts , bubblewrap, and airpockets with a $10.00 shipping charge, don't gripe. Boxes and packing materials can be expensive - especially if you don't find yourself shipping too often, because most supplies can only be purchased in bulk.

We need to also take into account: How far from the post-office are they? What if it is a private seller who needs to spend $15 on a cab to get to the PO and back to ship out your package? Does that cab's fare not qualify as a "Shipping & Handling" charge? I think it does. Just my $00.02

~Z

12. P. Smitty

P. Smitty Active Member

While your argument is valid as it pertains to the rare 1% of people who actually take packaging that seriously (and usually only then, or rare MIMSB items) we all know that the vast majority of sellers out there (I would argue well over 90%) go the newspaper and ziploc with re-used boxes route. And as far as the rediculous $15 dollars to take a cab to the post office excuse - if you live far enough outside of a town that you can't get to a post office easily - you're probably not going to find a taxi to drive you there either. And if you know that you are going to have a rediculous handling charge like that (even if you think it's valid) you ought to mention that in the auction and add the S&H cost to the listing details...

Just my .02

13. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    It works both ways too, I left nuetral fb (even though I was justified neg) for a guy who won my mimb encore soundwave, sent an invoice, 6 days later-an email, then the 8th day, a pull warning. Then pulled it today. Even if you send a m.o through mail, I'm not a psychic, send an email telling me so...sorry, needed to rant also!

14. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I sent the guy a message though the eBay system yesterday and again today. I wish they would allow you to send multiple requests for totals the same way you can send an innvoice more than once if you are the seller. I'm not so much worried about the over priced shipping, because I factored that possibility into my bids. The thing I really want is the insurance. I'm not having stuff shipped from Asia with no insurance when I just dropped over $500 on 2 TF's

15. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Sorry, double

16. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

That sucks. >.< I just really hate when people who ship without tracking numbers fail to tell you when they shipped the item/s. I like being able to keep track of my when my stuff should be arriving.

17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That really bugs me, especially when they state in the auction they will provide a tracking number.

18. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

The All Time Worst!!!

I found out the hard way.Don't ever send a package with out delivery comp.I know for a fact they got thier stuff they left a positive feedback then told paypal they never got thier stuff.They got thier refund and I got the shaft.Or the guys who buy stuff say they are not happy with it and send back one in worse shape.I sent out some DBZ movie figs with the exclusive paint and the guy sent back standard ones with smashed boxes and tried to get a refund.I had to laugh at that one I just slapped return to sender on it and sent him a dirty email.I should of cleaned my cat box out in there before I sent it back!

19. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Yeah. I've had it happen so many times. Most of the time I get my items no problem, though. It's just horribly inconvenient. >.<

20. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Finally got my invoice today ! that took 8 days ! :throw .