Jericho

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kickback, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Is anyone watching this on CBS?

It's a damn good show! Here's the jist of it so far...

- The town of Jericho, Kansas, has a relatively small population. One day, a mushroom cloud appears in the west, in the direction of Denver. Next thing you know, they lose power and all radio contact.
    - A new guy appears in town that no one knows, some black guy who seems to have a strong knowledge of just about everything - military, civilian, science, weather, etc.
    - The black guy gets on the radio and picks up a moarse code. He writes down a bunch of stuff. He goes back to his place and has a large map set out. He takes red pins and places them in towns like Denver, Chicago, San Diego, Philadelphia, Atlanta, etc.
    - The radioactive cloud from Denver moves over Jericho and threatens to rain. People realize this will be radiation poisoning, so everyone gets sealed up somewhere (fall-out shelter, a mine, a basement, a house, etc.). One deaf girl's brother makes it THROUGH THE RAIN perfectly okay. He said he got "caught" in it, which makes me believe the rain wasn't radioactive, which makes me wonder if those are really "mushroom nuclear" clouds.
    - They finally get satellite signal but only for a brief moment. There you see some Asian television station with seismic symbols on major US cities, in red. No one can understand what the guy is saying, signal lost.
    - Black guy is making some sort of shelter in his basement, won't let his family socialize with the kids outside
    - The main character of the show heads south and finds two planes in the middle of the road - one landed fine, the other crashed. He takes the flight recorder box and they listen to it. The only thing we know is that they have no radio contact with FAA, and that someone goes "Did you see that? Those are F-16s! And they're headed somewhere fast, Denver I think!"

In the previews for the next episode, a survivor from Denver shows up, all sick and ugly looking. They show the black guy leaning over him on his bed and saying:

"You were a FOOL to go back to Denver!" like he knows something that's up.

This show is addicting as hell. I love it.

2. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Ive been watching it. Its about time they made something about if our country went to Nuclear war or was hardcore invaded..

3. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Im watchin...and I love the show...every episode leaves you with more questions than answers...

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Sounds kinda cool. I was always hoping they'd do a "Dawn of the Dead" style apocalypse story - plenty of zombies and killing of said zombies- but this premise sounds just as neat.

Here's hoping it doesn't get canned after leaving people with a bunch of questions and really intrigued, the way "Surface" got killed. I REALLY enjoyed "Surface."

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been watching it. I really dig it so far, I still think Heroes is my favorite out of all the new stuff, but Jericho is pretty damned fantastic. And it looks great in HD. :D 

6. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

The black guy is Hawkens,some speculation about the guy is that he is a ex-gov agent who had reason to believe the attack would happen.

Others think he's in on it at some level.
    I mean buying a house in cash? And in a rush about it to.

Also Kick some guy over the walkie said he'd seen some 5 tanks headed somewhere.

I'm thinking this is going to be the tv series version of the Postman movie.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the series too.. Kinda reminds me of Lost in the sense it is a group of survivors cut off from the rest of society and trying to figure out what happened and how to get out of it.

8. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

With all the fantastic technology we have today they can make awesome shows like this. I wonder if we will see some battle scenes or anything like that..

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    you know, i wanted to watch this, but now ive missed the 1st 2 episodes, so i think ill just wait and if its still hyped by end of year, ill buy it on dvd and watch next season....

10. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Well we know there are some military still actions doing something.

Unknown if any Naval units are active or were attacked.

11. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I started watching it at episode 3, I had them on my DVR and hadn't got around to watching them. I like it so far, a litle better so far then "The Nine", And if anyone has Comcast with "In Demand" CBS is putting all the episodes up after they are aired. Was great to know since my DVD forgot to record episode 3.

12. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Not as good as Lost so far but I like the storyline, and the characters are pretty decent. I'll be watching for a while, hopefully they can keep taking it in good directions.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    sounds interesting. i love these doomsday/nu-kee-lar dawn plot devices.

14. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I haven't watched it, but the premise sounds like that book "Alas, Babylon". It was about a small town(in Florida, I think) that is isolated after the US is bombed by the Russians. I thought the book was kind of stupid (had to read it for Highschool a looong time ago).

15. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Isnt that Hawkens in the opening to 3 driving around in an ambulance with a radaiton suit on going to the storage unit?

16. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

17. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

They're showing it here on Space every Saturday at 8PM. Hell of a great series.

18. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, sounds like my kind of show. Though I only want to see it from the beginning. Somebody let me know when it starts into re-runs. ;) 

19. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Like I said earlier, if you have Comcast digital cable with "In Demand" all 3 episodes are up there. And know how they are doing things lately, they may even be on CBS' website to watch.

EDIT: Just checked, all 3 episodes are on CBS' website on their "Innertube" video player thing.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    So what do you guys think happened?

My logical guess?

Canada. Canada bombed the United States in conjunction with Mexico.