Jeph Loeb + Michael Turner=Ultimate Wolverine

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by 03Mach1, Aug 6, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I agree, up until issue 50 or so. At that point, I feel like USM loses most of what made it unique and refreshing originally (the freeness from continuity and having to really know what happened X issues ago); this is probably also related to the fact that the book felt, at times, more like an "Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men" comic than USM. I buy USM to read about Ultimate Spider-Man, not countless tie-ins with the Ultimate X-Men.

Anyway, my favorite Ultimate title has to be, "The Ultimates." Beautiful art, really great story (except for the past two issues, where the story's barely moved), and it still feels like a treat to read.

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Ditto except the delay are killing me lol

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Yeah, I feel like The Ultimates should be treated like a movie, ie, you read ALL of it in one shot, instead of spreading out the various acts over months/years.

But, at the same time, it's so damn pretty, and waiting for a TPB is torturous. :-/

4. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Ultimate Wolverine? Ugh...

Its too bad they cant find a better way to utilize Turner's talents than another wolverine story to run along with the countless other comics he is appearing in. Anything but wolverine.