Jeopardy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mumps, May 15, 2010.

1. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Hey everybody,

I am helping my friend make a Jeopardy game for a local Anime Con. His games are always a hit, and this year in his Jeopardy game he wants a Transformers category.

Now... This is where you all come in. I am having a hard time coming up with questions, because this isn't a Transformers loving audience. I need some Transformers questions of varying difficulty, to give to my friend to use in his game.

Guidelines for the questions:

The majority age group at this con will be people whose first Transformers experience was Beast Wars. So, BW questions are a great start!

Even though this is an Anime Convention, I would like to leave out ALL of the Anime series (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Japanese BW, and the Unicron Trilogy).

Voice actor questions are great as well. The Anime crowd will be able to relate somewhat to this one.

Also, I don't want any question that is so hard that only a few of the TF Guru's of these boards will be able to answer.

Right now I have a few ideas for questions myself, including one about Scott McNeil and his roles in BW, and a few other ideas that I need to work into Jeopardy format..

Thanks guys!

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    100: "Many Transformers series have featured the characters trying to get back to this planet, the home of the Transformer race."

200: "Transformers: Armada introduced this third faction of tiny helper robots"

300: "Out of Transformers: Victory, Animated, and Car Robots, only this series was broadcast in the US."

400: "Ironically, this evil planet-sized Transformer is not the largest Transformer ever made."

500: "This Transformers Voice Actor is the only person to play both Optimus Prime and Megatron, in North American animated shows."

3. Mumps

Nice, I really like those ones! Especially the 500 question, that one will get people thinking.

Thanks a ton!

BTW, everybody else, don't let the awesome questions above deter you from posting your own ;) 

4. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't some people argue that Car Robots did broadcast in the US, though under R.I.D.?

5. Mumps

Thats a good point, but the title was changed here, just like the Unicron Trilogy. However, I don't know how much of the dialog was changed.

This question could go either way.

6. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about for 500 "This is the first planet shown to be eaten by Unicron in the 1986 Animated Movie"

7. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

How about something simple like name five Decepticon combiner groups?

8. star_ling

star_ling Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Wait, what's the answer to this? Is this refering to characters or toys?

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - This actor had a big role in the animated Transformers: The Movie; one of his last performances. (A - Orson Welles)

- These three characters survived from the first episode of Beast Wars to the last episode of Beast Machines. (A - Rattrap, Cheetor, Waspinator)

- This voice actress, who played Arcee in the original Transformers cartoon, would later go on to serve as voice director for Beast Wars, Beast Machines and Transformers Animated. (A - Susan Blu)

- Three characters from the original Transformers cartoon who all had speaking roles in the Beast Wars animated series. (A - Starscream, Ravage, Megatron)

10. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    It was adapted, and it was never called Car Robots, it was called R.I.D. That's the trick. I think enough was changed that saying Car Robots was never aired in the US is true.

Both, technically, though I meant in terms of toys. Fortress Maximus is bigger than Unicron, and in the fiction, I would imagine that Primus is bigger than Unicron, as Cybertron is larger than Unicron, no?

More questions:

-In Japan, this Predacon shark was known for writing Haiku - Sky-byte
    -These transformer partners, who received a show named for them in Japan, were one of the gimmicks introduced in the 1987 Transformers toyline - Headmasters
    -Jetfire, or Skyfire as he was known in the original animated series, had a toy based on jets from this popular 80s anime - Robotech / Macross

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Jeopardy doesn't quite work out like that. All answers must be in the form of a question, which would be hard to list five in one answer, which has to be specific. Probably more like:

"This generation one combienr group later gave it's name to the evil faction of the mid-ninties era Beast Wars"

Obviously "Who are the Predacons?"

And before I forget: I'll take "Swords" for 48000.

12. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

"In the collecting of Transformers, GPS refers to what?"

"In the Beast Wars series, this scorpion's tail had some extra bite"

13. Mumps

Thanks guys, keep em coming!

One of the super easy questions I came up with, which will be great for the Anime con.
    "This popular voice actor played Dinobot, Waspinator, Rattrap, and Silverbolt in Beast Wars, he is also an Anime fan favorite."

14. Mykamusprime

Ok sorry, I was just asked that question once at The San Diego Comic Con

15. Mykamusprime

This Voice actor has played Fred from Scooby Doo Where are You, to Abu the monkey from Aladdin to the most feared To Optimus Prime's arch enemy.

Frank Welker. You might want to reword the question how ever you like.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the same could be said for the late Scatman Crothers (AKA "Jazz") who was an actor and singer.

200- He was both Shaggy and Cliffjumper. (Kasey Kasem)

17. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    -Many of the original Transformers toys were designed by this Japanese company (Takara)