Jeff Bridges is OBADIAH STANE in new Iron Man movie

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Mar 9, 2007.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/771/771762p1.html

If he's the primary villain, I REALLY like where this film is headed!!!

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    man, they are kinda going big with this movie...im stoked....maybe this will be the new spiderman? though, i still want more spiderman movies though....

3. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    It truly sounds like they are doing everything RIGHT with this movie so far. From another article on IGN (can't find it, need to get to campus), it sounds like the movie will focus around Tony Stark destroying himself, and his company, with alcoholism, and then building himself back up.

We've seen a lot of superhero movies over the past five years or so, but I cannot name ONE in which the protagonist was as incredibly damaged.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Jeff Bridges? Sweet.
    "That armour really tied the room together, Dude."
    This bodes well.

Ooooo. I'd like to see their take on Stane's Iron Monger armour.

5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    this dude abides

6. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Dammit Drew, I was about to say that.

Great casting though, imo. I can't wait to see this movie.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I don't think the movie will be about Tony's alcoholism. I actually think Faverou said so. I think the film will instead be about billionaire playboy Tony doing something rash and stupid. Stane will take control of the company and create his own Iron Monger. Stark will eventually have some issue (Probably involving Pepper working with Stane) and a bulb will go off and his quest for regaining control of Stark will occurr.

In other words, something similar to Iron man 170s-200.

8. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Great maybe he beats Tony by mixing a bitchin White Russian....

The Dude Abides after all...

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I thought every one was saying Mandarin was the bad guy.

10. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    I'm really glad he's not because, in all honesty...the Mandarin kind of sucks. I mean, he's practically the defintion of a B-movie bad guy (and an awful stereotype to boot, if you go by the version depicted prior to Iron Man #200s+).

Sad truth.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe they'll make Mandarin some kind of force behind Stane's powerbase.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Mandarin will probably be relegated as a 'Oriental industrialist'.

I think Iron man is actually one Marvel Character that 'should' be easiest to put up on the big screen...

Now if only my opinion of the character wasn't so soured because of Civil War...

13. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm really liking the direction they're taking this movie in terms of casting.

I love Favreau as an actor, dunno if I really like him as a director. Considering he only has "Made" and "Elf" as decent movies on his directing credits. The rest being "Zathura: A Space Adventure" which was a piece of crap, and a bunch of TV episodes/movies. I really hope he can do well with a comic book/action flick.

14. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You mean there are people still wanting to see this after Civil War?!?!

15. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yes.

What does Civil War have to do with the movie?

Of course, I like the direction they're taking Tony in the comics. He's really an evil bastard trying for the "greater good" which just brings him off as more "evil". I love it. Hope they keep this up.

16. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ... spoken like someone who'd watch the movie no matter what I'd say...

17. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Tony Stark is an extremely flawed character, as evidenced by Civil War. No matter what continuity you look at (Ultimates, 616, even the recent animated flick), the primary story is ALWAYS about Tony overcoming his selfishness and arrogance in order to accomplish something altruistic. And, believe it or not, that's the kind of backbone that makes not only a good story, but a good film as well. I assure you that, despite the box office, a flaming skull, Jennifer Garner in red leather, or an angry dude with a skull on his shirt, cannot touch a story with that sort of theme.

And, yes, if this movie progresses as I'd like, I have no qualm placing it next to the other great, recent comic book adaptations, such as "V for Vendetta," "Batman Begins," and "Spider-Man 1&2."

And just wait - Civil War will come around to bite Tony in the ass...if in nothing else than World War Hulk. :) 

18. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Exactly. Civil War shouldn't have any bearing on the movie, and so far everything that we've heard, I can't wait for the movie.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    aw man guys dont put my hopes up to high for the movie.

the last time this much pathos was laid for a super hero we ended up with ang less hulk :( 

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Wait, I didn't know the movies were strictly based on how the ocmics are doing and what is going on in them. Let's see...

Spiderman had an armored Green Goblin instead of a costume. The glider didn't have a goblin head on the front. Spiderman was created by a spider genetically altered beforehand and gained *GASP* organic webshooters! MJ was not a party girl and ended up getting engaged to John jameson, who made no mention of Man Wolf. Oh, and betty brant, Daily Bugle secretary wasn't Peter's classmate.

The X-Men wore black instead of blue and gold. The original team was Storm, Cyclops, Jean. and Professor X. Iceman wasn't a full member until X2. Rogue's real name was Marie. Wolverine was a drifter in canada who became her friend. Angel didn't appear until X3 and his father created the Legacy Virus. Beast worked for the President.

The Hulk began his transformation due to an injection from his father. Bruce Banner was not his name. He was raised as a military child. Oh, and his dad later became the Absorbing Man.

The Fantastic Four were created on a space exploration funded by Doom. Sue worked for Von Doom. Johnny was a pilot. Doom gained powers. Reed actually cured Ben, even though momentarilly.

Punisher was based in Tampa. He was an ex FBI agent who's entire family, close and extended, was gunned down on purpose on order's from a mod boss' wife.

Daredevil's villains were a guy with a bullseye actually carved on his forhead and a very large black man.

Yes, you knowing absolutely nothing about the movie and your assumption that the affects of Civil War will be reflected in the movie are completely valid and everyone should hold your word as the end all and be all. All shall avoid the theater on May 3rd, 2008 because Civil War will completely be reflected on this film.

And anyone who didnt see that coming should be ashamed.