JediTray update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediTray, Jun 23, 2008.

1. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Hello everyone,

I am trying to update all of my online families as to what is going on with me. Thursday, I moved in with my Dad and Stepmom to be available 24 hours for Dad's care. He is succumbing to cancer after an over 2 year battle. Hospice staff are coming to the house so that he can pass away at home as he wanted. Being a decorated WWII Purple Heart veteran, it is understandable why he hates hospitals. He is now no longer talking or interacting, and all we can do is tend to him and try our best to relieve the pain. They said he probably won't make it another 48 hours, but he has proved them wrong before. He is a fighter, and although his deterioration has been very accelerated, part of him keeps hanging on. The rapid decline did not start until after he got news from my sister that her husband is a match for donating a kidney. This will be her third transplant, and hopefully the last.

Anyway, I just wanted to fill you in. Take care and see you around the 'Net.

-JediTray

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey buddy, you and your family are in my prayers. May your Dad's pain be eased, and may he find peace and comfort.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My heart goes out to you and your family. As a WWII Vet, your father is a hero. I hope the afterlife, whatever it brings, treats him as such. I wish nothign but health and a speedy recovery for your sister.

4. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Best of luck to you and yours in these dire times.

5. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Thanks everyone. You don't know how much it means to read your replies.

6. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'll be praying for your sick loved ones and for your family as they deal with these trials.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have had several encounters with hospice and i only pray that it is a reflection of the services in my area. My deepest prayers are for you and your family, but i will also pray that you have a dedicated hospice staff that takes excellent care of everyone's needs.
    my heart and thoughts are with you.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I will keep you in my thoughts d00d. I hope everything works out with your sister's transplant.
    I know how you feel with your dad, I went through the same thing with mine. Your Dad is a true hero, and he has my utmost respect; so do you for caring for him.

9. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Dad passed away this morning at 10:25, and was pronounced at 11:40. He literally died in my hands while I was turning him in his bed. He just peacefully slipped away and stopped breathing.

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that... :( 

11. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

The first service was today at the funeral home. Mass tomorrow morning, then burial at the National Cemetery with full military honors on Tuesday. I cried every time someone looked at me and saw or mentioned how much I look like Dad. My height and fat aside, my face is just like him.

12. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    hey man....if you need to talk...i am just a pm away

you are in my prayers and remember, we are all here for you

13. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I know what you are dealing with right now buddy. I lost my Dad to cancer almost 4 years ago. He also passed with me by his side. Take pride in the fact that your Dad was/is a hero and honor him everyday. The passing of a loved one is never easy to accept but hang in there and in time the pain will ease.
    PD31

14. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

I want to take a moment and thank everyone for their support. The first two services are over, and the final military burial is in the morning.

I don't know what kind of shape I will be in, so anyone that has any business to discuss, please bear this in mind. I will try to get back to anyone as soon as I can.

Thanks for understanding, and again, your most kind words.

15. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

You seem like you were a good son to your father. I'm sure he was just as proud of you as you were of him. All the best to you and your family during this difficult time.