Jealousy is a very powerful and negative emotion...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Crisis Core FTW.

I, too have teh envy.

3. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Man why don't we ever get sweet gifts like that.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

That'll be a game I wont mind missing out on.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Zack ftw!

Your comment...not so much.

6. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I have to agree.

7. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

If they want to sell a shit load of PSPs, Sony needs to get on Square-Enix's back about an updated/remade FFVII. Overrated or not, that would shoot PSP sales through the roof.

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Want. Crisis. Core!!!!!!!

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am a slave to FF, so I will get this and most likely enjoy it, but anyone else feel that another FF game should get some attention? FF7 was great, IMO, but not greater then several other FF games. I would so rather see an earlier FF game get a spinoff game, like FF4 or especially 6.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that's a statement I would agree with, though honestly, I want to see that one PS3... I can't even imagine how freekin' sweet that would be.

11. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Well, I would prefer to see a FF6 remake on the PS3:p , but if FF7 was remade, I really think they should use the best technology possible. Plus, you know, I have an avergance to handheld games because I really only play them at home and would much rather be playing on a TV.

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Imagine the graphics on the Weapons, that'd be awesome!! It'd be so awesome, you could see every bounce of Tifa's boobs!

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. If they made it PS3 only, I'd cry.

Because I'd own a PS3 shortly after.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me tell you something Mr. Prime. If someone... anyone remade 6, particularly for next gen, but not dismissing DS (Ala FF3) or PSP. You guys would hear about me on the news.....

"Nerd goes into coma after discovering that one of his favorite RPGs of all time will be remade on a next gen system"

As much as I would LOOOOVEE to see FF7 remade, just seeing those cinematics on the PS1 re-release of 6 made me dream a little dream.

I mean look at Oprah's face below.... that's how I would look if I found out FF6 was being redone.

15. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Haha. I imported the FF6 remake first on the PS1, and the damn cinematics made me shed tears- and still can do that to me. Then, I played through it again in English just because it had a couple lines of dialogue during the last cinematic (a great excuse to play through it again). If I heard they were making an FF6 remake- after my initial comatose drooling, I would make sure to start saving my vacation hours at work.

16. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Dammit, I hate reading about people luckier than me.

I swell with envy!

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Imagine the Opera scene, or the scene where Celes is standing on the cliff after Cid has died. Or the scene where Cyan is running after the train, all done with full body, high-polygon, hi-rez models.... Ok I'm going to stop now.

18. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Crisis Core looks like it could be a winner in the FF7 series, but at the same time I still have low expectations. Now I don't mind the gameplay from what I see, that's fine I'm used to it now. But every FF7 spin-off has been just medicore at best. So it seems inevitable that Crisis Core will follow. Though I'm happy we finally get to explore the under appreciated Zack Fair nonetheless, if I had a PSP I would probably get it if the game comes stateside.

As far as remakes go I dunno. Strangely enough my friend and I were discussing this yesterday. For FF& I just want a graphics update that's all. New now story, gameplay or characters. Maybe small lil bonus like using the SIX AXIS for gold saucer games or something I dunno. If they changed the story I'm afraid we would get emo Cloud from AC, no thank you! I also feel a remake is just unecesarry. Let's focus on wrapping up the XIII series cause I really want them. Though I feel like it could push sales for the PS3 assuming it's an exclusive. Fan boys will say what they want but those abnoxious gamefaqs FF7 fan boys would fish for $500+ just to buy their sacred game remade. I plan to get a PS3 regardless but overall could careless if there is a remake but if there is no doubt I will buy it.

I agree with Liege on VI when it came to PS1. I'm not a huge VI fan so I'm not much in favor of a remake, I prefer IV anyday over VI. But we got the DS remake big whoop though if it is good it may persuade to buy a DS dunno.

19. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Soundatron, I whole heartedly agree that I think they should devote their efforts into FF13 and Vs13 rather then remakes, but it just seems so inevitable. There is always a chance a whole new one could be the greatest.

And Windcharger, don't get me started at how beautifull the scenes would be in FF6 fully realized with todays technology! I can only hope the new games can compete. I loved FF12, but I think it lacked in the story department. The overall story was good, but the amount of character development we got was probably the least in a mainline FF game, and the lack of Nobuo Uematsu was very noticable. So have 13 feature a great story, great character developpment, a great battle system, and a great soundtrack, and maybe a REAL world map to explore, then with todays technology, you never know, it could be the best. That's what I always hope anyways.

20. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    God I wonder how long the localization process for CC will take?? I really like Zack dare I say more then the emo Cloud?? NEED THE F-ING GAME!!