jcard2005 Beast Wars Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by jcard2005, Jan 24, 2007.

1. jcard2005

jcard2005 Well-Known Member

Ok, so this is my first attempt at posting images of my collection. I hope it turns out ok. These are pics of my Beast Wars Collection. They are mostly all TV characters with several exceptions. It may not be a lot, but it's a good start. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

Here is another pic
    [​IMG]

And the last pic
    [​IMG]

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Very nice collection! You have both TM Tigatron AND X-9 Jaguar? That's pretty impressive! I used to have TM Tigatron, but I sold him off... not sure why other than being broke.:p  Wish I had him back. Cryotek, too... used to have him.:( 

I like the way you have them all set up, ready for battle. Good job!:) 

3. jcard2005

Thanx for the compliment. I took these about amonth or so before Hasbro released the BW 10th Ann Primal/Megatron 2-pack with the show accurate molds. But alas, they are also in my collection. I think I'll next get Big Convoy and Nemisis Prime..do you see a trend with here?:rolleyes2 

4. Boo

Ebay:
    Looks like you have a thing for the Ultras, especially the leaders, eh? Not a bad choice in figures to collect. Ever thought about picking up Magmatron? (This guy, in case you aren't familiar.) He's one of my favourite figures.

5. jcard2005

Funny you should mention him. At first I didn't have any thought of getting this toy. But after reading the Beast Wars comic from IDW I really want to get this guy. I saw him on sale several years ago during the Beast Machine toy craze. But it really didn't interest me. Now I kick myself for not getting him. He looks interesting. Now, which one is better to get: the Takara version or the Hasbro version..or does it matter?

6. Boo

Ebay:
    I don't think there's really much of a difference, to be honest. I have the Hasbro version loose on my shelf and he fits in just fine with his NEO comrades. I have the Takara version, but he's sealed... looks liek the colours are virtually identical, the Takara may be a bit more metallic, but hard to tell.

OH! And every Beast Wars collection must have MACH KICK!:D 

7. jcard2005

Well in any case this guy is on my BW want list. As far as Machkick..well..not sure.:confused:  But I'll consider him. :)  Some of the BW toys that is on my list is: Wal-Mart Rattrap, Fox TM Tarantulas, Big Convoy, Nemisis Prime, Wal-Mart Tripredius Agent, and Magmatron. I know I'm missing a few from my list. But that's just off the top of my head. When I was building my BW collection, I made a personal choice of only getting the cartoon toys. Then be very selective about what other BW toys I wanted to get. This way, I have more of a managable collection that I can afford to complete. Do you have a certain way that you collect the BW toys? Are you going for toy collection? BW Neo Collection or random?

Currently, I'm 3 toys away from completing my TF 84 toyline. :p 

The 84 toyline is my "ultimate" collection. :rock  However, Beast Wars is a close second. :)  I like all the characters from the BW show. But they came out with some other toys that I just like. Getting the BW Ravage and TM Tigatron are personal acheivements in my collection. Only cause I didn't think I would be able to get them and now...I do!! :cool: 

8. Boo

Ebay:
    You going to post pictures of your '84 collection, too? It's always impressive to see G1 collections, too, even though I'm BW pretty much all the way. At least on the toy side.

9. jcard2005

I will at some point. Not sure if I should wait till I complete the 84 toyline or just take pictures and post what I have. I haven't decided yet. I have more of a G1 Collection than BW. But it takes me longer to get my G1 stuff out and display them than BW.

The 3 that I need is Ironhide, Rumble and Frenzy. They are not that hard to find but not that cheap either. :(  I have an extra Ratchet, Hound and Blitzwing that I've considered selling/trading. But I think I'll hang on to them for another toy opportunity.:inquisiti 

10. Boo

Ebay:
    Sounds good! Can't wait too see that.:) 

11. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

You have a lot of Beast Wars! Nice condition too.

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

That's a cool collection. And I love the avatar and sig pics as well. Very good opposition! :) 

13. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

welcome to the the beast wars, cool collection

14. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Very nice. As I told Boo, it is great to see someone else that is into collecting the BW figs. I started out w/ just the show characters and a few select non-show ones, but I have since completed the line and I am very glad I did. Oh and damn you for that TM Tigatron. I have X-9 Ravage and never thought about getting TM Tigatron until just now when I saw your pics.

How do you display them normally? Out on a bookcase or something or boxed up? Either way, very nice collection.

15. jcard2005

First off: Thank you for the compliment.

Second: Your collection is just freakin awesome!!! :rock  It will take me years to mass that kind of collection. Honestly, I would crap my pants if I was in the that room and just looking at perfection :p 

Yeah..my BW collection started with the main characters of the show and kinda grew from there. Getting TM Tigatron was a real treat. Several years ago Ben Yee was selling his Tigatron. So I emailed him and showing interest in the toy and wanting to get him. I thought I was too late as I assumed that someone beat me to it. But as it happens I was the lucky person and alas...I now have him. I think Ben Yee has a review of this toy on his website and now..I have him. I'm still getting a few Beast War toys here and there, but I'm very selective on which ones to get. It's a good collection, but nothing like yours...maybe some day:ev: 

I don't have much room where I live so they are all stored away. Several times a year I would take them out and display them on the kitchen table for about a month. This works for now as I can display them in action form. I also do this with my G1, Binaltech, Alternator, Cybertron and now Classic collections.

16. jcard2005

BW Additional Pics

Here are a few more pics of some of my fav BW toys. There are more..but these are some that are on top of my list. Check them out:) 

Optimal Optimus and Primal Prime in several of their modes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. jcard2005

Here is Tigerhawk and Razorclaw
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TM Tigatron and X-9 Ravage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jcard2005

TM2 Megatron and Cryotech
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cool toys from the line in my opinion :cool: 

19. Boo

Ebay:
    Nice, but did you know that Primal Prime and Optimal Optimus are mistransformed in bot mode? The shoulder panels can be rotated so his arms are higher up instead of looking like they come out of they're ribs.

Nice pictures, though:) 

20. jcard2005

AARRRGGG!!!:eek:  Didn't notice it till you mention it. Well, Now I have to take all new pics. Well, I'll do that later. Good eyes:thumb