Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, Sep 2, 2008.

1. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    I think that it is great the he is back.. I don't like it either how in Bay's movie he was portrayed. I agree that he was the best in the original G1 series

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Jazz seemed to follow the sort of GI Joe thing with Doc where Doc was cool, and Doc was black, but you never found Doc acting like the negative stereotypes. So Jazz was another cartoon character that helped to show kids that racism is just retared.

I know it's rather silly theory, but I think characters like Jazz are one of the reasons racism has a harder time taking hold on the kids from the 80's to now. I mean who wouldn't want a bot like Jazz on their Autobot team just because he sounded the wrong color?

3. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Liked him in the movie and in animated except for the stupid nunchucks. The melee weapons with the auotbots gets old real fast and make them so one dimensional and at a disadvantage.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, totally. Well, I think the thing is that Jazz was simply cool. PERIOD. Though I knew as a kid Jazz had a voice that sounded black, I never thought of the character as "black". I can't say the same for the 2007 movie Jazz.

I already mentioned Blaster, and Blaster had the same "coolness" quality to him. IMO, there's no reason for Transformers to sound like they are from a specific human race unless they are specifically trying to emulate that race.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Just how, when and why did people start thinking of these characters as being 'black', anyway?