Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

It seems to me that ever since Transformers came out last year in the movie theaters, Jazz has become more popular than ever now, and he's even gotten a return in an animated series, Transformers Animated, which is pretty sweet for him, considering fans haven't seen him for a little over 20 years now, lol. But seriously, who, other than me, thinks its nice to see him back?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Me. I don't care for how Jazz was portrayed in Bay's movie, but I absolutely LOVE his Animated incarnation, who's arguably cooler than the original.

3. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Hehe I feel the same way. But you have to admit, the G1 redeco of him from the Movie is sweet. As for the Animated version, LOVE IT. Plain and simple. Finally got my figure after 3 months of waiting.

4. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I'll take up the argument! I posit that Jazz's hat is stupid and too "human" and that Phil Lamarr's portrayal of the character is far too bland and lacks any of the character Scatman Crothers infused him with. Sure, he's got the lingo, but has he got the soul?

5. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Not so cool in the movie.

Though I did laugh out loud at the "What's crackin" line

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why the movie Jazz hate? He didn't get much dialogue, but he was one tough little guy. He took on Brawl and Megatron all by himself. He is one tough MOFO.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Jazz has been way cool in all his appearances. No Haterade here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You answered your own question.

The reason for the Hate "IS" because he didnt get much dialog and because they made him smaller then Bumblebee.

Which was not only out of character for his G1 counterpart that spoke quite often but G1 Jazz was one of the medium sized bots.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Jazz was okay in the movie, and sorta cool in Animated. The toys rock though.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I loves me some Jazz. Can't wait to get the Animated one.

11. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just want a deluxe Jazz in the classic line. he was one of my favs as a kid. im glad the love for him is back.

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I think theyve all made comebacks. Aside from Prime, Megs and Starscream, all the other guys were ignored during BeastWars, Armada, and Cybertron until now.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Really didn't like movie Jazz at all. Just not enough of the character to get any feel for the character and then they just killed him off because they messed up by having Megatron on ice too long to seem like a threat to the Autobots so lets kill Jazz to make Megatron look like a bad guy. Plus I hate the movie look so that doesn't really help any movie character.

Animated Jazz is pretty intersting. Not a clone of the G1 Jazz since you could find anyone to put that much character into the voice, but enough nods to G1 Jazz to go hey it's Jazz. With any luck we will get more of him in the series to find out how else he's a different Jazz.

Really annoying though that Hasbro will not release a deluxe Classics Jazz to go with all the other cool releases for the Classics line. Really seems like a big hole in my Classics Autobot team that just can't be filled by repaints of movie toys that I didn't like enough to buy the first time around.

Really liked the Robot Heroes Jazz since the pose just fit the character so well.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

QFT

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah, so he's tough, and that alone makes him cool?
    It doesn't make him Jazz, which is my problem with him. Jazz is stylish and inventive, not a hardass. The only glimpse we really got into his 'style' in the movie was when he transformed first time we were introduced to the Autobots.

Besides, movie Jazz wasn't Jazz, he was Hip-Hop.

I love Jazz to bits, and while the Animated version isn't quite what I'd have hoped for, he's still pretty darn close, and I like him a lot. And of course, it's even easier to like him when he's always hanging around with Sentinel - quite the counterpoint there. :p 

16. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Where's Animated Jazz's famous Batman ears, BTW?:wink: 

17. TheNotoriousROB

TheNotoriousROB Well-Known Member

I think Jazz in the 80's cartoon was a little Hip-Hop or should I say what Hip-Hop was then.

No haterade from me either.

18. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

i liked hong kong fooey and jazz as a kid.scatman crothers did both voices.
    i didnt realize the conection till years later,but to me it was his voice and sayings that made him cool.

and the toy was pretty sweet too.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Jazz... you gotta love him. He was always one of the Autobots from G1 that I can remember offhand. Kinda disappointed in his character in the 2007 movie, though. Haven't seen him in Animated yet, but I have seen the toy of him from that series... liked how they stuck to his G1 colors.

20. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

It's all related, it's just the evolution of the culture. Without arguing the semantical difference between the two (Jazz and Hip hop), I'd at least like to be relieved that fiddy cent himself didn't voice this guy considering current pop culture trends in movies.

I mean really, could you imagine a movie Jazz voiced by 50 cent?

"C'mon Megatron you want a piece of me? I been ripped in half nine times slangin energon, G-G-G...*gets ripped in Half*"