Jazz vs Barricade - who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'RPG and Games Forum' started by GoldenKnight1212, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Zemah

Zemah ’Til all are one

News Credits:
    Barricade. Jazz is probably more skilled and definitely more agile in combat , but I still think cop bot would take him down in a fight. Barricade is stronger (because of his size) and have a better arsenal.

2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

If Bee can kick his ass, Jazz would wipe the floor with him. What with being a sabateur/assassin and all :cool: 

3. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz's weapon can leave small craters in Brawl's hide, obviously Brawl has thougher armor than Barricade's. We also know how they fight, with Jazz being more agile, while Barricade being more brutal.

You're right about Jazz's rank being no indication of skill. But If we go solely by what we see, he's quite skilled and athletic.

Barricade carries the same gun as other Protoforms (seeing as how it looks the same, we can safely assume that it's the same type of weapon). It's a machine gun of sorts. It hits Mirage once in the movie and does nothing other than distract him for a second. It probably killed Que because he was just a step farther than the gun. Compare that to what Jazz's gun did to Brawl.

So yeah, we have plenty of material to go by.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Although he may carry sharp tools, Barricade himself isn't the sharpest tool in the shed
    He's had his aft handed to him by a youngling (Bee) more than once and was nearly killed by fleshies. I believe the only one he was able to kill, was the Bots weakest fighter Que. He didn't even kill him in battle, poor Que had already been captured. At least Jazz went out the way he lived, in style protecting his family.

Being Special Ops, Jazz had to be able to perform critical thinking and on the spot problem solving. He had infiltration and sabotage skills. He wasn't the TIC of the Autobots for no reason.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Look kid, I'm not going to bother trying to convince you. I tried to give you some advice, you can take it or leave it. Don't try and spout 'logic' at me.

I still don't think that's a lot of material to work with, but still...

Would Barricade have use of any sort of jamming or hacking abilities (I'm assuming he wouldn't have Frenzy with him for this fight), and even if he did, would they even have any effect on Jazz? Would his magnetic thing have any effect on Barricade?

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

How do you know Jazz's gun left craters in Brawl's armour? He only shot at him once and at the same time, Ironhide shot him with a pair of rockets. Then he was immediately shot at by humans and Ratchet, with there being too much movement and explosions to actually see what effects Jazz's gun had on him, before he took even more damage. Also, Barricade's weapon wasn't a machine gun. It was the weird, more alien looking weapon that some protoforms used and unless I'm forgetting something, we never see Dino getting hit by any specific weapon. Just random fire that might have come from the other, probably weaker type of gun.

7. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If you look closely at the GIF above, Jazz unleashes a Plasma blast that burns a hole in Brawl's chest and staggers him (until Ironhide unleashes a rocket that injures Brawl even further and staggers Brawl in a different direction).

8. TFFan01

News Credits:
    If you watch the scene from the first movie, you'll see that there were craters in his armor exactly where Jazz shot him. The craters were visible in the same shot where Ratchet sawed Brawl's arm off. It was just before humans came.

It's highly likely the shot that hit Mirage was from the same type of gun. For one thing, there were two types of handheld weapons in possesion of Protoforms in DOTM (there where also generic nobodies that used the older character designs from the previous movies but they were relatively scarce). One was a weapon that could turn humans to dust and could cut police vehicles in half in one shot, the other was the type Barricade used. If you look at the effect of the blast that hit Mirage, it sure as heck it looks like the type Barricade used, not the other one. The latter gun could fire rapidly, the former could only fire one shot at a time.

9. GoldenKnight1212

Do you think the Protoforms used the same gun in ROTF? If I recall correctly, they held a large rocket launcher, assault rifle and a small gun that was attached to their wrists - but none of those guns looked anything like the DOTM Protoforms and Barricade used.

10. sladeprime

sladeprime MS Paint Transformer artist

News Credits:
    There was Jazz vs Blackout or Grindor in the comics. And Jazz won almost cutting the decepticon in half. Well correct me if the comic has nothing to do with this.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Thread has been moved to RPG... All the "WHO WOULD WIN" threads are treated as GAME threads, so everybody STOP trying to promote your threads now!! Next one to do that will be infracted.

Discussion threads or Game threads are not meant to be PROMOTED, either folks will be interested enough to post or not... THEIR CALL, not yours.

Posts will be edited or deleted as necessary.

12. GoldenKnight1212

I didn't know that forum existed... I'll be more careful the next time I make a "Who would win" thread.

13. Chief Gage

Chief Gage Well-Known Member

Jazz because jazz and style

14. soundwaverulls

I really can't see where Jazz left any craters. Maybe you're watching a higher quality version than me, but when I watch, there's too much motion blur on everything to make out anything damage, beyond fire from Ironhide's rockets, that hit at the same time Jazz shot him. As for the guns, I'm really trying to find any visual distinctions between their firepower. I think, in ROTF, their blasts were more yellowish than, but in DOTM, every 'Con seems to have the same tiny line of orange come from their guns. Then again, all their guns having the same visual effect might count as evidence that they all had the same effects on Autobots.

15. TFFan01

News Credits:
    Hmm, now that I watched the scene again, I think those craters were caused by Ironhide's gun and the camera is too blurry to make out what Jazz's weapon actually did to Brawl's armor, so I'll give another example. When Jazz shot at Megatron, his blast seems to damage Megatron's armor a little (ripping off little pieces of his armor). When the Protoform's gun hit Mirage, it failed to have the same affect and obviously Megatron is more durable than Mirage. So Barricade's gun must still be weaker.

When I mentioned about different types of weapons, I was talking about Protoforms having two kinds of weapons in DOTM only and they did have different visual affect.

16. soundwaverulls

All I see are sparks flying off Megatron. I can't even see any burn marks on his armour.

I know and I am looking for any signs of any different kinds of firepower. I really can't find any. Could you give me any examples of scenes that I can use to compare the protoforms' firepower?

17. TFFan01

News Credits:
    If you look closely, there ARE tiny pieces falling off of him.

18. soundwaverulls

Hm. Maybe.

Still all looks like orange lines to me.

19. TFFan01

News Credits:
    I'm not talking about the color of the blast. There are big differences between the two type. The guns itself have different designs, they make different sounds when they shoot, the gun seen in the Chicago invasion seems more powerful etc.

20. soundwaverulls

Oh, I know there are multiple designs but we don't see what type shoots Mirage.