Jazz Unlockable for non-US Players?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by 0JazzMeister0, Jul 19, 2010.

1. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    I heard some rumors a couple of weeks ago that Exclusive characters like Shockwave are only available as unlockable characters in the US.

I'm in Singapore, and I had a friend get me the PS3 game from Best Buy in the US so I could get Jazz. I haven't tried to unlock Jazz yet (I don't own a PS3, or any game console for that matter - yes I know, why the hell do I have the game then - fangirls do crazy things sometimes).

I'm waiting to go over to a friend's house to try it out, but I'd really like to know if I'll be able to get Jazz once we get to the whole Multiplayer Escalation mode.

So has anyone outside of the US managed to unlock any of the characters, Jazz in particular?

EDIT: I'm also wondering, if I do manage to unlock and play him on my friend's PS3, will I still be able to play him if let's say I were to get my own PS3 later on?

Why yes, I'm a gaming n00b can you tell :D 

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

UK. I have Jazz.

3. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave and Jazz were EB Games exclusive unlocks for Australia/New Zealand - if you didn't buy the game from that store, you don't get the characters.

4. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Yes I know this, it's why I went through the trouble of getting the Best Buy version.

I actually have the Jazz card from Best Buy in my hand right now. What I'm asking is: can I go online and redeem him using an ISP located in Singapore.

5. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure, i was able to use a Europe code in the US, but i've heard others had problems doing so.

I can tell you that the code is single use and will be tied to what ever account it is used on. However, Jazz will be included in DLC some point down the road. There was a leak on a DLC pack here in the US on the xbox live site. That doesn't mean everyone will get it everywhere though.

What i recommend is hold onto the card until you get your own system, and make sure you register your code on the US site, the other sites definitely won't recognize it.

6. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can use the redeem code, given. Or just make yourself an US account, and redeem it there. It should work fine.

EDIT: About after getting your own system: YES. You can download anything from a PSN account up to 5 different systems (or 5 times, say it as you want). Just make an account for yourself in wherever region you want, then use it when you have your own system :) 

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I have Jazz too.

Not remdeemed the code yet though.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Once you enter your one time use redeem code on your friend’s machine, it becomes his/her code forever and ever and ever (or so long as he/she has the console it was entered in his/her possession that is).

You do know that the bonus characters are only playable in Escalation mode, right?

You can use their chassis in the other multi-player modes but Jazz won't be Jazz in that mode. He'll look like Jazz in chassis only, colors, ability and weapons will most likely differ as everyone other character does.

XBOX LIVE leaked the first (of why I hope to many) DLC package that has a few extra maps and five characters (Jazz, Demolishor, Shockwave, Onslaught and Scatter Shot). When this set is due to hit and its price hasn't been given out yet, so we'll just have to wait and see.

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I'm Uk and have Jazz, I redeemed him fine, European code and all that.

He looks pretty cool done out with red body and black joints/head - a bit like a G1 Sideswipe

10. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

I think you can only download it from the ps3 you put the code in

(Idk if the 5 rule applies)
    but I downloaded shockwave twice on mine (went to previous downloads and did it again) like I care... if it is 5 I can get him another 3 times. lololol

Ps3 Yay! I'd suggest holding off on entering it so quick. you should play it first and when you get you're ps3 you should do it then :dj 
    (don't forget the rumored dlc that has all 3 pre-order characters)

11. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the fist thing she would have to do is go online and register at activations website. there she inters the code on the card and they will email her the psn code. then she would have to register for a psn ID on the ps3. i'm not sure, but if her ID is first on her friends system, then when she gets her own system she can still download him on her own system? she could always call costumer service to check

12. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh my... Let's see, you can download the content from any account up to 5 times to whatever system you choose. There may be exceptions though.

13. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im in scotland , i have jazz

14. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another UKer with Jazz here.