Jazz RTS vs United

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CVprowl, Mar 7, 2011.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

@Cvprowl. I'm sure the plastic is the same bud. I think You are dazzled by the beautiful paint my friend.

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i just dont see another explanation why they consistently use a different plastic for the usa versions. seems logical to me that it is less expensive.

3. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

word up.

4. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

I have RTS Jazz and haven't changed or added anything. I think he is a very nice figure. I'm fine with out the extra paint apps. I have 3 other white classics molds figures (Henkei Ramjet, Classics Astrotrain, and Henkei Alert) and none of them are the same shade of white. RTS Jazz does have a kind of pearly sheen to him, but it doesn't come off as "yellowed", especially next to Henkei Ramjet who looks like he was left in a smokey bar for 15 years straight out of the package. Classics Astrotrain is WAAAYY white, and Henkei Alert has kind of a pinkishness about him. In fact my only complaint with RTS Jazz is that his rubsign isn't on his chest where his 'bot symbol should be. And if your going for show accuracy (which is how I collect) then the less paint apps the better!

5. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have better ways to spend my money than paying excessive amounts more money on a toy that's a little bit more shiny than a just as good counterpart.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I changed the look of mine, anyways, with a coat of Future floor polish on it. The white is still a "pearl white" color, but it's a very shiney pearlish white color now. Sorry, but I don't have a photo, nor do I think one would do what I'm talking about justice.

Also, I added some details missing on the RtS Jazz that others here have as well.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With some work, RTS Jazz can look pretty good:thumbs2: .

In my opinion, I'd have to purchase reprolabels regardless of whatever Jazz I ended up with since i'm a big fan of the original decals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Nice work on that Jazz Cris. Did you take the legs appart to paint the lower legs silver?

Superquad7, I'd like to see a picture of your Jazz. I havea bottle of future but I don't know how to apply it...

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I just got a larger flat brush (0.5 inches or so?), and just brushed over the whole figure in car mode. What I make sure I do is that I go over the whole figure while the Future is still very wet. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes, as the Future starts to dry then.

10. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

I would say that given how cheap the paint markers it would take to paint his tail-lights, exhaust, and wheels are, if you can't stand them being bare, to just get RTS and pick up the aforementioned markers. It will be cheaper, plus you will then have these markers available for detailing other things. This guy's bareness issues are nothing on Alternators/Binaltech Jazz.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I have both and they are satisfactory. To each his own.

12. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

United Jazz all the way. He is too iconic for me. I would not be able to forgive myself if I went for the RTS version.

13. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if I bought sticker from reprolabel and use it on RTS Jazz, I will still feel something is missing on RTS Jazz, esp when I have seen the good metalic color on United Jazz

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Awesome. I'm going to have to try that on my RTS Jazz.

Paint markers suck. You're better off buying small bottles of paint and an brush.

15. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I agree. Paint and a brush are a way to go. I suggest one "0" for most of the paint work, and "00" or "000" for some really touchy areas, like eyes and cravices. Brushes with larger tips (than mentioned here) should be used for more exposed and flater surfaces, like wings, backs, etc.

Also, I see most people, that are painting up RtS Jazz, are painting his rims silver. While they look cool, I was thinking a bit of variety might be in order, considering that Jazz is a race care, compared to say Sideswipe who is a street legal "sports" car. So I was thinking of painting RtS Jazz rims black with a glossy finish to make them pop a bit more.

16. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I doubt TakTom use different plastic for those. Extra paint and less production number makes United more expensive than RtS even before considering the import cost, but that's it. (United deluxe figures retail at around 2400yen, though big retailers sell at discounted price.)

I bought United Jazz, and I'm yet to see RtS version at retail so I am happy with my decision. I also like to see Japanese packaging (I am Japanese so buying Japanese TFs is kind of like getting a bit of home in a parcel, but I digress).

But if I thought I could find RtS Jazz locally, I probably wouldn't have bothered. To me Jazz figure's main appeal is how cool he is when striking poses. Tracks, yeah, I'm happy with my United, because what he does best is looking pretty in vehicle mode, but Jazz is cool no matter what :D 

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I definitely agree with both of you with painting being the way to go here.

18. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

You have a point. And it's still cheaper.

19. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Not "fine with", "prefer", at least in my case. It's cheaper too, which is, granted, a key concern with me, but I like the pearlescent plastic of RtS far more than the garish white of United, and I like that it doesn't have an insignia on his hood, where it'd be a pain for me to remove it.

No stickers for me, though, just doing the paint apps.

20. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suppose this is relevant:

[​IMG]