Jazz RTS vs United

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CVprowl, Mar 7, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

ok fellas. i havent seen a side by side review anywhere but the united jazz makes the rts jazz look like a knock off piece of crap! it sucks they are capable of making such a beautiful figure but we in the usa market get stuck with inferior product. ive heard the justification. i dont like it.

so, i say this is one figure worth making the United investment.

[​IMG]

in these pictures it is MUCH HARDER to see how bad the rts looks next to the united. but here they are anyways. in hand the difference is striking.

the plastic on the united jazz is beautiful bright white, the plastic on the rts is a dull cheap lookin off white. the grey legs on the united look metallic, the grey legs ont the rts look like cheap plastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so, my rts is on ebay right now for 9.99 starting bid if anyone is still looking.

2. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about this? I'm happy with RTS. United is lovely looking, admitedly, but it's not something I'm going to go out of my way to get OR look at my Jazz in dissapointment because of.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Out of curiosity, how much extra was it? I just got RtS Jazz myself, and granted, I'm doing a few of my own paint apps (plus I've moved the rubsign to his chest), but on the whole I'm really happy with him. I actually prefer the slightly pearlescent white over the bright pristine white.

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also have both. You should show comparison pics of the rear in alt mode to show a big difference.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there's any figure worth splurging on, it's mother effin' Jazz.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I couldn't care less about the United version either. It's the exact same mold with extra paint I don't want to pay for. I'm perfectly happy with RtS Jazz.

7. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    qfmft

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    RTS Jazz cost me less than 11 bucks shipped. United would cost me about 35$ shipped. I can get 2 more wreck-gars if I get RTS Jazz. To me the extra paint isn't worth.

9. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Repros and the tiniest amount of paint or a silver sharpy easily make up the difference and then some. RTS all the way for me.

Example;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ultramagnus69

ultramagnus69 GTL

Im still not digging that face sculpt...i think botcon jazz is still better...to each his own, still a win for tf fans though

11. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

I'm with the OP on this one, I did the same thing...bought the RtS Jazz then after seeing the United version, bought it and sold the RtS Jazz on eBay. My only complaint with the RtS Jazz and likewise the Generations Drift is the horrible off white "pre-yellowed" plastic. Unfortunately that is something that can't be fixed, so in those figures I went United and have been thinking about doing the same with Wheeljack if his white plastic suffers the same fate.

12. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

you didnt change the cheap lookin plastic... and repro stickers arent free. im glad youre happy though.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i really want a henkei prowl, is the difference there as striking?

14. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    United for me. I usually get the local ones in store but I had to go with the "upgrade" for Jazz. The differences were worth it. No fuss with ordering labels or painting. I'm good with a brush but I don't customized toys with paint.

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Again, though, you're suggesting that the non-pristine white plastic looks somehow "cheaper". To my eye, it has a slight pearlescent finish that I really like, and the United's white is too bright.

Like you say, though, it's what you're happy with.

I personally have no need for the Reprolabels set for Jazz, either; I'm just doing a few paint touchups of my own, and that way I'll get exactly the Jazz I want. From what I've seen, there are a few bits where United's potentially missing apps, too, just not as many.
    And since I don't go for big faction emblems on my vehicle modes, RtS means I don't have to remove one from an otherwise painted area.

17. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally ive went for united jazz with reprolabels. Although the blue stripes are not quite the same shade its still looks really good. It depends really how much you care about the the character and also your preference to the shade of white on the figure. If you Love the character though its worth springing for the united version and the reprolabels. It really does make the difference. Its good that the figures we have at the minute are so awesome that The only nit picks and complaints are about little things like plastic shade or paint apps. Its also good that we are able to choose between 2 different decos in the first place

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Are you saying I don't love Jazz enough? 'Cause I love Jazz. I would have his cyborg babies. Just not a fan of the fluorescent plastic (my G1 Jazz was never that bright) and excessive expenditure. :p 

Totally agree with everything else, though. I only just got him today, but he is an awesome figure.

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I spent thirty quid on United Jazz at Epicheroes. A tad steep, but cheaper pre-orders for the guy were sold out months ago. He's in that high demand, and I'm guessing his price will rise further as stocks become scarce.

20. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didnt mean it like that, i actually meant to tag on the end of that if you prefer the whiter shade it was worth it. Proof reading what i write when im using my i phone is the pain sometimes. Its all personal preference, jazz is all about the bling to me and id exect the character to have be supprting a whiter then white paint job. Id expect his colours to all be bright and crisp. One thing is for sure, whiter then white or pearle white be still looks awesome.