Jazz returns for Transformers 2...maybe?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokescreen, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

That's great! I'm a big fan of Jazz. I suppose they'll kill someone else for the second movie, maybe TrailBreaker or some of the other less popular first-crew of the Ark.

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    That can't be right. Jazz was KILLED in the first movie. He got ripped in half by Megatron. I doubt he would have survived something brutal like that.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He was torn in half and.... Ratchet said they couldn't save him in the whole 20 mins he tried.

5. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Maybe there was no way any mortal could save Jazz, but what's left of the Allspark can? I hope they have a good plan to bring him back and not *poof* he's back.

6. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Okay... the concept of death gets warped again.

Like said, he'd better have a darn good reason for returning if anything. Or flashback maybe?

7. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    it would be great if jazz is back but they better have a very good story line of how he came back...i'm guessing new alt????...possibly the corvette or caddy xlr...that would be sweet

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't care if they bring him back as I never really cared for his death scene anyways, but they'd better have a darned good reason as he was pronounced DEAD! Oh well, more toys to pick up next year... and the only thing I can think of that's plausable would be to have that little shread of the Allspark be able to ressurect him.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    While on one hand great, getting ripped in half really shouldn't kill a TF anyway, on the other hand it was stated he was indeed dead, kinda kills the impact of the death(as small as it was).

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    What's the point of killing someone in a movie if they're just going to come back? I hope this isn't true. I like Jazz, but just let him stay dead, please.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. I never understood how Jazz gets ripped in half and is pronounced dead, yet Frenzy gets decapitated and continues on, mildly inconvenienced. Bonecrusher was decapitated too, and was apparently dead.

Chris

12. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Maybe it's his long lost brother, Hip-Hop! :D 

13. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Good guys are never built as soundly as bad guys in Transformers, for some reason.

Look at Dinobot: He dies after sustaining far less damage than any of the Predacons have sustained previously. Hell, Inferno survived after they blew him into ATOMS (though the fault was with Hasbro for not making it clear which character was to be killed off or not).

14. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

It was tuff to see him go at the end of part 1, as he has ALWAYS been one of my favorites. But to bring him back would be wrong. Let him R.I.P. and use this open slot to introduce some other Autobots into the mix, maybe Smokescreen, Wheeljack or Hot Rod.

15. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    w00t! Jazz has always been one of my favorite TFs. Though I hope he just makes a cameo or something, in his G1 redeco. That would be good enough.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Two reasons:

1. Frenzy, being the slim and stealthy spy he is, obviously would have needed to have all his vitals in his head. Also, his head is obviously meant to detach if his body ever gets too damaged, as why else would his jaw be able to turn into legs. Jazz and BC are more like us, in that their brains are in there heads and their vitals in their thick torsos. Just like when a human is decapitated or torn in half, their vitals or brains fail and they die. Frenzy's head contains everything vital to him living, so when it got shredded, he ceased to exist.

2. Frenzy was a comedic character, almost a real-life cartoon, wheras BC and Jazz were "serious" characters that needed to obey the laws of physics. It is a movie, afterall, so characters like these exist.

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The limited number of Jazz lines in the first movie could be easily topped by a simple flashback with one conversation scene with him on Cybertron. If that's the case, I'd be glad to have the same VA- but then again they shouldn't be speaking English.

I am assuming Megatron will be back in some form, so I hope however they explain that also pertains to how Jazz would come back if they actually resurrect him.

18. OptimistPrime

OptimistPrime Certified Optimist

News Credits:
    A flashback sounds like the most plausible scenario. Or at least the most acceptable for me.

19. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Yeah baby,... :D 
    Let's hope they bring him back in something much better than a Solstice!

20. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    He won't be coming back. He's just saying that he wants to come back. He probably didn't realize what a big commercial success the movie has been when he signed up.