Jazz does a breakdance and talks as if he's black..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Defbot1981, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defbot1981

Defbot1981 Member

How wack is that?? Where is the TF-Movie HATE thread???
    Totally stupid movie just 2 make some bucks off of TF fans..
    Total waste of time. Ridiculous. I thought the car commercial was more fun.
    I demanded my money back (didnt get it, but I was pissed after all the hype)
    -How many of you share my views?

2. Revolver Turles

Revolver Turles Banned

....he is black.

The best movie i've seen ever actually.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    he shoulda moonwalked, grab his crotch and went WHHOOOOO

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And added 'Shamone!' to the end of every sentence.

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    :spam 
    Also don't post threads unless its constructive, and yes there is constructive critiscism but your post isn't and that means this will be locked soon probably.

6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I guess you never saw G1 then, did you?

8. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jazz was voiced by Scatman Crothers, a famous African-American jazz/blues musician/actor/voice actor, back in the late '80s during the G1 cartoon series. As such, Jazz talked "black."
    That was carried over to the new movie, except that his street slang/voice personality has been updated to more hip-hop instead of jazz/blues, with African-American actor Darius McCrary providing Jazz's voice. And his transformation was kind of a nod to G1 Jazz's transformation, since he always did some hand stand-like move while transforming.
    So no, it's not racist, it's not cheap, it's a throwback to G1 Jazz.

As for the movie itself, no, I don't share your views. I think it was awesome and I can't wait for the sequel.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Jazz is, was, and always will be, the token black 'bot.

He was back in G1, and he is now.

10. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    My my. Such hateful posts. And terrible, terrible grammar.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Judging by your eloquent use of verbage, I'm going to guess no one here shares your views.

12. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I was just thinking of posting how dissapointing the movie really is. Honestly all I think has happened is the hype of transformers did carry the movie. Bay did some things ok in basically setting up camera shots to make blackout look ominous in the begginning but then it just fails miserably after that.

Also while I dont think the designs are all that bad I just cant feel anything for the characters. They are too differant and not recognizable. Optimus was best with the mask up in my opinion.

I have tried to watch the movie through recently and on 4 seperate occasions I could not get into the movie.

The decepticons are basically shells of a bad guy one no differant from another oh and they have evil looking claws .

How friggin rediculous is it that same race of robots are so differant depending on their faction.

The Plot holes are to many. I mean when decoding a friggin signal how the hell does listening to it tell you anything. Are they in a sub using sonar. lol

Then the best part is you wouldnt know optimus was the leader except he told you so. Then when you get to the best part of the movie the showdown between optimus and megs you never see the battle and it is hardly epic. You actually only see optimus get his ass handed to him and then Sam kills megatron its just rediculously lame of an ending.

I really wanted to like this film but I think the biggest mistake in making this movie was the choice of Mike Bay and its not because he is a bad director or anything its just he had such contempt for the fan base. He lied to us about the designs lied he lied to us about the transformations being the reason for those designs.

Hell I dont even really care about what mike bay said but his choices really are horrible. Hugo weaving for one sounded like V just pissed off and didnt sound bad ass just sounded like every other character hugo does and it kills the illusion. Not saying Welker needs to be in there instead but a voice a tad bit less hollywood would have been better.

Cullen also got the chop edit when you look at the scene when they are in the back yard all those lines were catch phrases just strung out in line of samples. " calm down calm down " heh wish I could.

Just feel that while I really wanted this movie made I did not want it to be like this. I feel Michael Bay's liberties with the franchise have impacted it negatively as he removed the substance and recognizability of the TF. Personally why they even have the All spark when the idea of them searching for a power source was good enough for a movie like ID4 but oh hell now im rambling.

Just cant take it any longer I had my head in the sand wanting this movie to rock and it just didnt.

All I know is lately I have passed over watching the disc in favor of just about anything else as this movie just has no soul. Its a bunch of one liners with a eye candy female and bot wise to hide the movies larger flaws.

Im sure many will defend the movie but honestly does the movie not leave you with a hollow feeling that honestly feels like something precious from you has been stolen.

Honestly the whole rape my childhood feeling is really how it feels. The opening scene with blackout is most redeeming value of the film as it was the best sequence really.

13. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loquaciousness edited for my sanity

Shhh, everybody! :trolls: 

I'm no fan of the movie, but please, enough. And "wack" went out with Kriss/Kross.

Miggidy-Miggidy-Mack!

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Seriously ill take on any comment you want to say this movie has so many problems that if ILM didnt do the great job that they did you would be singing a differant tune. This movie is fundamentally a shell of what it should be from any kind of feel good stand point.

If you can prove to me anything other than the bots looking real is good ill give you credit but I think you ll find it hard to do.

You see the original star wars films were good because the effects were coupled with a good compelling story.

This movie is so all over the place it feels like one large test pilot for several differant shows that never mesh at the end

15. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you missed when I said:

and

:) 

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Of course it'd be hard to do, one cannot prove an opinion..only support it.

17. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not supposed to be "The Godfather: Cybertron Edition." It's supposed to be giant transforming robots, a.k.a. Transformers, with Autobots and Decepticons, fighting each other. That's all. And just the fact that 20 years after the original movie, they made a big-budget Transformers film with awesome special effects and a number of nods to the G1 series is incredible. Some of your comments were way off. Can't tell Optimus is the leader? Did you only watch one scene or something? As for the "Bay lied to us, Bay raped my childhood, etc, etc, etc," I thought people got over that crap.
    This movie was basically an introduction into the new Transformers movies. I guarantee you that the sequel will be much, much better.

18. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

in before lock

19. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I don't think this guy's coming back. The only purpose he signed up on TFW2005 was just to add hate to the boards. That said, no point in keeping his account around.

20. Roddimus Prime

Roddimus Prime Destined For Greatness

i liked the movie but like has been said prime was a wuss compared to megatron who really had it all over prime instead of being his equal i liked how the autobots looked except primes mouth a few decepticons looked ok blackout and barricade but the others were too weird starscream definately looks like he'll never lead in this movie. other then that i didn't mind it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.