Jazz : chillest autobot in prime.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwave142, Apr 9, 2012.

1. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I hope that we see a prime version of one of my favorite autobots, Jazz.
    1. It would be nice to have a new character.
    2. a layed back cool character.
    3. It's f*cking jazz who wouldn't love that Lol.
    it he does appear in prime it would be a cool movieverse nod to make him prime's 2nd in command. But without the movieverse's jazz fate though Lol.
    I would love him to have a different transformation sound like in upcoming foc with a beat boxxy sounding stylized transformation. What do you guys think? would you like a prime version of jazz and how would you want his personality? i'm sure this isn't the first prime verse jazz thread but since i'm new I wanna present opinions :3

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    dammit. thought jazz was gonna be in there and i missed something. but he would be a really cool character for Prime

3. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    It would be great to see Jazz in Prime, he is a great character and would compliment the cast for sure, I hope to see him in the show.

4. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    It wouldn't be just a movieverse nod to have Jazz be the SiC. He's been the SiC in most of the families.

But I would prefer something similar to his G1 self (movieverse Jazz didn't really...have much lol). I had drawn up some sketches of what I thought Prime Jazz would look like, just hope he does make it into the show somehow.

Jazz is my homebot after all :)  I love that Commander of Spec Ops., and if they do have him, that I hope he keeps his Spec Ops nature. Yes, I would love to see that cool, chillax cat in the show, as I think he could easily be the bot to break up any tensions (I almost think he'd make a great partner with Fowler).

How he would show up in the show tho, not sure, as far as I remember in the books, he was still with Prime. Maybe he had to do some lone mission and had to separate from the main group for a while? Maybe he got captured by 'Cons (like in the game) and they came to Earth, and he escapes or gets rescued? Would lead to introduction of more chars than just him.

5. soundwave142

News Credits:
    I had no idea He was second command in anything other than movieverse Lol. I hope his design would be a mix between g1/foc with a lil movieverse ( That's prime style ) It would be cool if he traveled with his own team Lol. instead of team prime we get team Jazz Lol.

6. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Prime would turn him into another generic backstory angst character who acts cool and aloof to hide the pain from his TRAGIC PAST! Then everyone here will be like "OMIGOD HE'S SUCH A DEEP CHARACTER BEST JAZZ EVER IS HE GONNA MAKEOUT WITH ARCEE NOW HE'S GONNA DIE"

7. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    It would be Team Awesome, ha!

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    As long as they make him a Cybertronian version of Black Dynamite or Shaft, I'd be all for him appearing.

9. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

While I love Jazz alot, I'd REALLY love to see Ironhide. Where is the Ironhide thread?!

10. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    May we see these sketches?

11. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Um sure...lemme look...I don't think I ever uploaded the full body ones to anything but my FB, but I had the mug shot on my dA account...

Edit - There...the mug was my first pic I did, didn't finish coloring tho. The full body I was still dinking around with, trying to incorporate things from G1, Movie and Ani.

Attached Files:

12. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Jazz needs to appear in TF Prime alongside Ironhide. Having those two join would be awesome.

13. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    This I can easily approve of. Older, more gung-ho mech teamed with a younger, chillaxed mech. I think it'd be fun.

14. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Eh in my opinion Hasbro is terrible at Jazz rehashes, they've never come close to someone as cool as G1 and they should quit trying.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  15. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Animated proves you wrong.

16. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I would love to have Jazz in Prime. The team desperately needs a cool cat like him.

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    um, animated jazz? movie jazz wasn't all that bad either. Bay just didn't give him enough character development or screen time.

and i support having Jazz and Ironhide arriving together. cause they're OP's bestest buds and they'd make an excellent team

18. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Not gonna lie. I find these incredibly sexy.

Seriously, I could easily see Jazz interacting quite nicely with the rest of the cast. Maybe he could be one of the few bots who could get on Ratchet's good side, being the perfect mix of cool and responsible.

19. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I guess I don't blame you for thinking that, but I personally think Animated Jazz had him beat. I also think that the Bay version came pretty close before he did his Darth Maul impression.

Anyways... back on topic, I think the show needs someone like Jazz. Let's see, they have the extremely stoic Prime, Angsty Arcee, Beeping Bumblebee, Big Beating Bulkhead, either Rambling or Roid Ratchet and Miko. They desperately need someone laid back to help them chill and Jazz is just the sort.

20. soundwave142

News Credits:
    I just drew a quick design of my version of Jazz. I'll upload it l8r though Lol. or i'll just draw a better one.