Jazz as...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Superion33, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

This thread isn't meant to rile up anything about Jazz's death or return or whatever. I have a question along a totally different line. So lets just take Jazz's appearance in the previous movie and his subsequent death out of this. Thank you.

My question is, do you guys think Jazz would work better as a car that teens street race/modify? Something you'd see in Fast and Furious. I think Jazz's personality of really loving human culture would almost draw him towards the Fast and Furious crowd. Those car modders are notorious for exorbitant sound systems and speed enhancements to their cars.

I was wondering what you guys would think of Jazz as a Honda Jazz (Fit). Yes, yes, he is a subcompact, but the Fit is about the same size as a small Porsche anyways. The only difference is its nowhere near as fast. However, Jazz's personality could be explored in an entirely new way. I think Jazz would love the Fast and the Furious crowd. I think it'd be really interesting to see him quip to a Decepticon "Yo dawg, we heard you like a beat down, so we put beat downs on your beat down." Or you could go with the traditional car modding cars of Civic Si or Lancer Evo too...

His personality just really seems to mesh well with the Fast and the Furious crowd. It doesn't mean Jazz would be less intelligent, it just means he'd be into what the current younger generation are into.

Also, it would be MUCH better than portraying him as a thug. What do you guys think?

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

That might've worked out pretty well, and it would've given him at least a little more characterization. Sadly, this thread was doomed before it was ever started to bring on a shit storm of "not another Jazz thread!!!" posts, often by people who don't read past title to see it's not about bringing him back.

3. red4

red4 Banned

I smell a neon colored, flashy-decalled Radicon. Get TonyCustomz or Frenzy Rumble on the horn, STAT!

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    While it would fit Jazz's personality, I think the street racing mod car stuff has been played out way too much in movies and games. That's just my opinion, though.

5. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

It wouldn't be exactly the same though, neither would it have to be limited to JUST street racing/modding. To me, the movie franchise killed off what could have been one of the most colorful and imaginative characters.

Ironhide asking where the "Yo Dawg" quote came from and Jazz quipping back something intelligent.

Jazz talking about what songs he currently has on his playlists or commenting on the newest Apps for the iphone. The techy stuff that a lot of people are into now a days. Jazz could also comment along those lines.

It would add a totally new dimension and highly characterize Jazz.

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

In the process of posting one Thread you single handedly poor more thought and time into Jazz's character than the writers did.

Also to boot your idea makes alot of sense it doesnt neccesarily need to be the Fast and Furious type of crowd exactly ( which i agree is played out) . Your right in that if it were a variation of that maybe along with all the possiblities of liking the music and so and so forth it is a huge opurtuntiy missed by the movies.

Then again what have the movies really hit on . A couple characters look good here and there and the rest is like someone making fun of transformers and he gets paid to do it.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    sounds good to me , and onthe subject of speed, with some off the performance kits you can get for those types of cars they can get quite close to an unmodified Porshe in speed

8. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Yeah, I was thinking Jazz could get some black market nitros at some point, whatever car he ends up becoming.

9. omfgitseric

omfgitseric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Honda S2000.

10. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I agree with the idea, but not a honda fit.....yuck, could see the s2000 though, or a skyline

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Superion, I understand what you are saying and think it is valid points, so don't take this little rant as directed at you, but at the Fast and Furious crowd.

WTF is wrong with people? Those are horrible cars. They hurt my eyes are sound like remote controled planes. Cars should RUMBLE when they are on, not scream like a lobster in boiling water! I don't care if so dumb hipsters who parents provided everything for think they are all the rage.

We really did so need a neon orange Jazz with tribal symbols and a great big ugly steel spoiler bolted on the trunk and, of course, ground effects. Also, the added risk that his engine might just explode for no good reason at any moment is good.

Damn kids! GET OFF MY LAWN!

12. newguy

newguy i

Instead of some lame Asian car, can we pick something cool one if it has to be Asian (thats all I'm seein in this thread) like a STI or Evo?

Civic SI? Are you an Idiot? I know Fast and Furious is all about ricers, but come on.

Ok Honda built the civic to compete with the VW Rabbit/Golf. They finaly have made a civic that can beat the GTI, but it's only available in Asia and Europe. Oh and VW made the R32 which is a golf modle, and is faster. So why pick a stupid SI when you could go with an R32 or Type R Civic? Yes Asian cars are cheap to build up, but your picking some slow ass cars.

If you want to go Asian pick an Evo, STI, or a Civic Type R.

Then again if I'm not mistake Jazz was a Porsche in G1, sooooooo.

By the way no retarted paint jobs, and big ass exuasts don't help. Your just blowing out horsepower. Big spoilers (wings) don't help if your drag racing your front wheel drive car. They help with cornering.

This thread section is for ROTF now.

13. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I did mention the Lancer Evo in my first post...

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what they choose so long as they choose a base car that teens love to mod.

14. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    That would suit Jazz's personality well because his ALT mode was a totally modified version of itself

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I could've seen Jazz getting hit by some debris orbiting Earth while arriving in comet mode and he's knocked down off course and lands away from the other Autobots. He's injured but manages to find an alt mode before slipping into stasis. He's found by some street racers who steal him and mod him up. Jazz comes back online but finds he's unable to transform, talk or drive himself. He's also unable to connect to the internet to learn about the planet or locate and contact the other Autobots. So, he's stuck for a while learning from these humans and getting into the street racing culture until he's able to recover enough to reveal his true nature to the racers and get back in contact with Optimus.

Actually, this sounds like it could've been a great way for Bumblebee to land on Earth and meet Sam as a young street racer.

Also, it sounds a bit like fan fic fodder. :p 

16. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Jazz isn't dead, he just got repainted into Smokescreen!

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno. Sure I could see Jazz attracted to fast, flashy cars and loud stereos. But do I seem him being attracted to a bunch of douches? No.

Jazz has style baby.

18. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Yes Fast and Furious, no thug. Jazz seems super nice and not thug-like at all. :/

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    :lolol  yah he could cut a deal with Swindle

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe IDW could beg Bay to put Drift in the movie.