jaw clenching...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    my wife has been having pain in her jaw from it clenching at night...i've been looking online for causes and treatments and information, but i figured id ask people here too...

only thing i've really found is this TMJ info... but she says she's not grinding her teeth...

i feel so bad for her...she's already had to deal with kidney stones since she was 16 (24 now) and also last year was diagnosed with bad migraines...it just like her body keeps dumping on her...and i dont know what else to do...

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

It's best to have a doctor look at it. I used to have a slight dislocation of my jaws so it'd click whenever I move it sideways. I don't think there's much we can recommend to you given that we don't know exactly where is hurting and we don't have any expertise in the field. :( 

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

My mom had really bad TMJ and a lot of stress will make it a lot wors ebut if you get a mouth piece thingie for it it might help

4. devastator831

devastator831 Mechanical Engineer

Like shipwreck suggested, a mouthpiece was recommended to me for my night jaw clenching (due to stress of having our first child) and I couldn't afford an expensive one so I got a cheap one and it definitely helped me. One of these days I'll buy a nice one that is fitted at a dentist. I also know of many other people who have the same problem and sleep with mouthpieces to alleviate the stress on their jaw.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

My wife has that too, though I dont think as bad. She has a mouthpiece that she sleeps with and it does seem to help.