Jar Jar Binks.... The old Theory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prowl, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bear with me, this is old and would have been something to dicuss 6 years ago.

I had a theory before Star Wars episode 2 and 3 came out about Jar Jar Binks that I wanted to run by you guys and see what you thought.

I theorized that George Lucas was going to pull the biggest surprise on all of us in Episode 2 and 3. Almost as big as Darth Vader's fatherhood and the little green man being a Jedi Knight.

I thought Jar Jar was going to be a sith lord and here is why.

In Episode 1, Jar Jar was this clumsy fool that got involved in the situation by crappy luck and being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

He was around when the Jedi landed, and he just happened to do things to get the wheels rolling in the way they were supposed to.

Not only did he try to steal some food from a vendor that then made Anakin step forward and get reunited with Qui Gon and hense invited them to his home. But then he proceeded to try to swip an apple from the table, causing Quigon to react and grab his tongue, causing Anakin to comment on Qui being a jedi, right after Quigon said "You must have Jedi reflexes", but Jar Jar did, in episode one what two Jedi couldn't do... Take out Droid Dekas (The Transforming Shielded Droids), and battle tanks all with his antics. Of course this was chalked up to Jar Jar's clumsy blind luck, but in Episode 4 Obi Wan started that in his experience there was no such thing as luck. What had he seen in his past that made him say this (within the confines of the 6 movies of course)?

I always thought that He was going to lose his stupid demeanor and revel himself as a motivator to get Anakin to become a Jedi and hense join the dark side. Then of course in Episode two he condoned the use of the Clone Army.

I thought I had him pegged and that Lucas was going to surpise everyone by making a Yoda (goofy at first) type character out of Jar Jar, but spend an entire movie convincing people to hate him, only to reveal his true identy later on. Guess I expected too much from Lucas, heeh.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Who knows, we might see it in the Clonewars storyline or expanded universe.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    im sorry but i just ost respect for you, like totally :( 

:lol 

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I was expecting a scene in episode 2 that mirrored the scene in Empire where Luke sees a vision of his friends dying and leaves Dagobah.

See, if Anakin had left to go save his mother in the same way, it would have made the dagobah scene more meaningful, since Obi-Wan and Yoda had already seen those same circumstances turn Luke's father to the dark side.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hahahah, punk! :D 

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

So Jar Jar is responsible for Darth Vader, and not Palpatine? The scene at the end of Return would loose its meaning.

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

The theory is not bad, but as far as what Obi Wan said about no such thing as luck is that he could've just said that the Force is with Jar-Jar through dumb luck.

8. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

But JJB does help create the EMPIRE. Don't forget that.

9. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Maybe the point of Jar Jar is that idiots shouldnt be allowed to vote.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no, not replacing the Emperor, more like an assistant. I guess I didn't mean a sith lord, rather an agent of the emperor.

He orchestrated galazy changing events... In a way he did, but not to the extreme I once thought.

11. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Why would he need Jar Jar? He had Maul. Palpatine knew what he was doing.

12. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Good theory but that would require a level of imagination and storywriting that seems to have been lost to George completely...but then again, I wouldn't put it past him. In place of his imagination he seems to have picked up a passion for saying "Screw you" to his fans. Why else would he have NOT released the original non SE on dvd and then when he FINALLY did he gave us the shitty non restored version which is what we all wanted in the first place. Hell, Greedo didn't even have subtitles for primus sake!! Lucas is dead to me now...

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because it would have been a way to state that he knew what he was doing at a level that went beyond the sinister evil bad guy. He set this up beyond whatever anyone could see.

"There will be two Jedi landing on Naboo, I need you to join them in whatever means you see fit. You must remain with them no matter the cost. Make yourself useful, but never let them know that you are more than what you seem. I need you to ensure that the boy follows Quigon. Only this way will the future events unfold in the way that i have forseen."

14. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Qui Gon would not be stupid enough to not realize that Jar Jar was acting stupid on purpose. Anakin wouldnt either.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They didn't totally see the Emperor being who he was either, nor did Anakin in episode 3 and Palapatin was more obvious

16. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I actually love the concept for your theory, shame we just got a pile of utter cack instead...

17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I actually like episode 1. Its just a kids movie. The battle of Naboo is awesome!

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's a really cool idea, with some solid reasoning.

I still wouldn't have liked the prequels, but they woulda been marginally better with something like this.

19. betetta

betetta guitar face

i've seen that kind of thing happen before, you respect someone so much that you can't simply believe it's going to screw up that big. it just has to be a plot or diversion to put out something totally cool and unexpected later.

sadly that almost never happens (otherwise i wouldn't had to listen my cousin's rants and whinning about the end of harry potter being too stupid and corny for like 4 months)

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Great therory, but Lucas, just like Jar Jar, suffers from the same 'Dumb luck' that encompasses his story telling ability.

That is, he never made the same conections to Jar Jars place in the story because he (Jar Jar) had to be forced on the viewer.