Japan's G1 trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by fiire_dragon_88, Apr 21, 2009.

1. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

Sorry if this is already a thread somewhere, but I'd like to bring up the topic

I've read it around the board a hundred times, when is Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory..... and I guess Zone, gonna be put into a remastered US release DVD!

I think I heard somewhere that it was released in the US, but I never heard anyone ever raving about it, in fact I think I heard it was the same as the metrodome release.

Now I'm not a huge fan of the series, in fact I hated them for ruining what there was for serious G1 content, and I don't think I need to make a list for anyone ::caugh:: blowing up cybertron ::caugh::. Anyways, I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were on the situation, i.e. what they would want in a US release, what they think of the already released versions, and what they think of the series in general.

I have purchased the Metrodome version of headmasters and was pleases, except for a couple of errors with the subtitles, at one point I was reading what was happening on a completly different part, and the fact that it doesn't work in all of my DVD players, just my computer. I love the fact that someone finally released it, but I think we need more.

Seeing as how they are re-releasing the G1 series, thank you SHOUT, maybe they'll trail into other unreleased products like these or RID.

What do you guys think?

2. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

The guy from Shout! Factory at Shout! Factory Community - The Definitive Transformers Thread stated: "Unfortunately, however, these shows--due to Japanese cast agreements--are a FORTUNE. I would love to say we'd be including something on our set, but I'm afraid it's pretty close to impossible."

I know he's talking about the G1 set... but it doesn't sound hopeful that this will be released at all in the states anytime soon.
    RiD as you may know has it's rights purportedly tied up by Disney.

3. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    <-- Would love to see the Japanese G1 series and RiD released on DVD for the US market, but I'm not holding my breath... :-(

4. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

I'm satisfied with my very well done fansubs...

5. fiire_dragon_88

I wonder why RID is owned by Disney, I mean they're not even doing anything with it, and it premeired on FOX, that just blew my skull out.

That sucks that it's too expensive, but wouldn't it be cool. It honastly just makes me happy knowing that SHOUT! looked into it at all. I think they, like Sony when they did the movie, want to do a lot for the fans of the shows.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    A few years ago Disney acquired all of Fox's animated programming, including current stuff like Digimon and Power Rangers, and older shows like the 90s Marvel cartoons. It still holds all of these rights but, sadly, Disney generally doesn't bother doing boxsets or collections of shows like these. That may be changing, as the last couple of Power Rangers seasons have gotten full dvd releases and at least some of the old X-Men cartoon are coming out. I wouldn't hold my breath for RiD, though. It isn't nearly well known as a lot of the other stuff that Disney is sitting on, so even if they do start releasing some of these shows, RiD is not going to be high on the priority list.

7. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Stupid Disney!

*Goes off to curse at Mickimus Prime...*

8. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How strange that you guys are going without RiD. This side of the atlantic its had multiple issues - first an eight disc set, then two full season 1 and 2 boxsets, than a smattering of budget releases and then further reissues of both seasons - all in a four year period!

Whilst I enjoy the show, its incredibly lightweight and humourous and might not be to everyone's tatses. It is also padded out with lots of transformation sequences, which in battle heavy episodes (where everyone shoots at the ground!) gets quite tiresome. However, what is does have going for it is some decent characterisation and beautiful cel animation which makes it far more watchable than the Unicron Trilogy offerings.

9. fiire_dragon_88

As am I, sorry forgot to mention those. It's just that I'd like something I could just pop into my xbox and watch, with a DVD that's done professionally in the US.

I was gonna say IN AMERICA, but didn't think anyone would get the reference.