Japanese transformers battlestars 1991 super megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transform27, Mar 15, 2009.

1. transform27

transform27 Banned

Im sure you all know what im talkin about i was woundering why takara never produced this figure this was awsome it was destron super megatron from transformers battlestars with star convoy once supermegatron was defeated then he was made into ultra megatron the super megatron toy would have been sick super megatron was suppose to be a flying cannon an had this sick cannon attached to his arm in robot mode i have only seen a couple photos though did takara ever produce a toy as of yet

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    There was never a Super Megatron toy; however Animated Leader class Megatron shares some design elements, especially his head.

3. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Super Megatron was produced by a website called tfw, he was a molson canadian exclusive lol.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    The reason it wasnt made was probably because the Transformers line was on its last legs already and since villains dont sell as well as heroes, Super Megs (and his other incarnations) got the shaft.

5. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Super and Ultra Megatron were designed so they could have a toy. It's sad they never made it into a figure.

6. transform27

transform27 Banned

I wish i could , speak" to takara; an ask them to make both of those figures for me" i know they wouldint but i, sure wish they would id give my left arm to have them both in the japanese vintage style box like what star convoy came in

7. transform27

transform27 Banned

oH MY GOD I SAW WHAT THE SUPER MEGATRON TOY WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE AN I WAS JUST DROOLING ALL OVER MY COMPUTER GOD DAMMIT I, WISH" TAKARA" WOULD HAVE MADE IT, I WOUNDER HOW MUCH IT WOULD BE WORTH TODAY OR COST

8. transform27

transform27 Banned

the ultra megatron Toy would have been like dai atlas with motorized treads that would have been SICK,

9. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    can someone post what it looked like..

10. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I am more curious on how he saw a toy that never existed in the first place. I don't even think it got past the artwork stage

11. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    The designs were nice. I loved TFA Megs from the start, but seeing the elements of Super Megs in there really was a nice touch

12. wgoodman

wgoodman Big Bot

:useless 

13. Regrezz

Regrezz Well-Known Member

Here is a pic with designs for both Super Megatron and Ultra Megatron.

Attached Files:

14. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Dude, this is the first time I've ever seen those. They are kickass!

15. transform27

transform27 Banned

hi doubleclouder i was just guessing about the treads most of the figures were coming out that way i wish takara would have made destrons with treads im greatful to have what we have at this point

16. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the same thing I thought when I first saw these designs:

The robot modes look OK, but I don't know what the hell the vehicle modes are supposed to be. Super Megatron looks like a cross between the G1 Shockwave gun and an X-Wing fighter... which is nothing if not unique, I suppose.

At least Ultra Megatron looks a bit like some kind of tank, but why does it have eight wings stuck to it in random places?

17. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I wouldn't give these toys a chance, but I gotta agree with Galva-Cannon.

The robot modes look pretty awesome. The alternate modes look like someone started with robot mode and slapped together any ol' alternate mode. There are dozens of Gundams out there where the "transformation" is putting the Gundam on its stomach, doing a bicep curl, legs extend/shorten, and putting a shield on top of the head. Zeta Gundam, Wing Gundam, REGZ, ZZ Gundam, etc, all do this to varying degrees of complexity, but someone clearly started with a cool robot mode and worked backwards to give you a bare-minimum alternate mode.

That's the feeling I get from Super and Ultra Megatron.

Super Megatron's transformation looks like Shockwave's. Feet become the handle of the gun, hands go forward, remove the cannon and put it in front of the arms, and re-arrange wing kibble to form those shapes. Ultra Megatron looks even simpler, similar to Armada or War Within Megatron. Put him on his stomach, make an H with his legs and arms, and put the arm cannon on his back.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Takara did make a character incredibly similar to Super Megatron for the Brave series. The toy was named Gunkid.

[​IMG]

He's on the left hand side. Although the overall robot mode is fairly different, with some heavy cosmetic modification, you should be able to get a Super Megatron out of that robot mode.

[​IMG]

Jet mode is not exact, but it is fairly close to the design sketches for the jet gun mode.

Gunkid more than likely inherited some of the Super Megatron designs when Takara created him, although probably nothing more than the basic transformation. He's coincidentally similar and probably very easy to modify - if you can track one down to customise. He's not as common as some of the Dagwon toys out there.

19. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    You're right. I never noticed. It needs more wings :D .

20. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I don't really even see the basic transformation carried over. IMHO the only thing they have in common is that they're both guns with wings. *shrug*