Japanese Transformers Animated thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Primus00, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

This thread is a discussion on Transformers Animated in Japan. There are clearly mixed reviews on this. As you all know, this is no mere dub w/ slight changes in order to tie w/ the live movies. Also, I believe that during this time can decide the future of Transformers in Japan.

As of now, Takara is in its 4th episode of Animated which is the Soundwave episode which was supposed to be the 10th one to air. This is a big move. It makes me wonder what Takara will do. Could new additional episodes be made? Hopefully, OVAs could happen, like Scramble City.

A factor that could determine this is the popularity of the series. Animated in America didn't seem great. In fact, seeing the stuff in America, I felt that as if it was holding back on us. So I'm thinking the can be further surprises by Takara in order to increase the popularity.

I do like the theme song made by JAM Project. Maybe there will be another theme song.

The seiyuu chosen is fits these characters will. Notable ones are Optimus Prime/Convoy- Hiroki Takahashi, Ironhide- Kenta Miyake, Ratchet- Toru Okawa, and Megatron- Norio Wakamoto.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    there's really no reason to hope for new episodes. there just isnt a reason for it.

even if they did make new episodes, they wouldnt be made by any of the people who made animated what it was. so why would anyone want that?

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If there were new episodes, they'd be clip shows. Shameless, useless clip shows.

4. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

New episodes or not, what I'm really hoping for is for Takara to create a new Transformers series just like Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory. Even remaking Zone would be nice in which I'm heavily reminded of Gundam Unicorn.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ... HOW?

6. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Zone exists in the G1 Universe while Gundam Unicorn exists in the Universal Century era which is the same as the original Gundam.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the only similarity is that each is part of it's franchise's primary continuity.

...woo?

why even mention Gundam Unicorn? desperate to embarass Zone, or something?

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I doubt that'll happen. Not any time soon, at least. Modern anime had their shot at Transformers with Car Robots, Micron Legend, Superlink, and Galaxy force. All of which were received with pretty cold receptions stateside and lukewarm responses even in Japan.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    This thread makes no sense.

Plus there's already more then a few threads discussing Takara's version of TFA.

It's not? Then what is it?

Could you provide an example of either idea (When the US held back or an example of a surprise Takara may pull) that you're suggesting here?

I couldn't disagree more. I thought Megatron couldn't have been more poorly done to the point I was wondering where the BW "Scream like a little girl", as it would have been less wrong.

Similarly, Bumblebee and Black Arachnia were both pretty poor as well and Starscream isn't very far ahead of them either.

Megumi Otoboto and the opening aside, I fail to see how this series has anything on the US version.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits: