Japanese TFA Super Deformed Keychains

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MrByatis, Dec 26, 2009.

1. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    KAWAIIIIIIII! Prowl is so cute! I want a Sentinel one!!

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    those are cool I wouldnt mind an Optimus and Prowl one

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Huh, Bulkhead is called "Ironhide," eh? I wonder if that is just an error or if he'll actually be named that in the show?

It's certainly a better name. I never thought about it, but I think in retrospect I would have preferred that name be used (even though some folks would doubtlessly have complained). I like the character, but I never cared for the name Bulkhead.

5. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Not bad. Something new is always welcome.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Whut.

Those are pretty cool. I'd want to see them in colour, though. The pictures look like bad PS's of the original character art, though.

Why call Bulkhead Ironhide? What about the real Ironhide?

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't you mean... BULKHEAD??? :thumbs2: 

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok those are kinda cool, and the black chase figures are full of win.

9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    That Starscream is sooo mine!
    Hope they do lots more of these :D 

10. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    I'd take some of those.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Pretty funny..right now they're just official art modified, but the final products might be groovy.

I guess Ironhide as a name could make sense for Bulkhead..it fits his stature..just too bad Bulkhead isn't anything LIKE Ironhide..and what are they going to do with the actual Ironhide?...

Also, is it me or did they change Bumblebee's horns and nose to make him resemble a cat/dog/standard crappy Japanese cute animal character? Let's hope they won't mess with the actual cartoon! :lol 

12. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    These do, of course, have bigger implications than just being cool keyrings (although from first glance of the sculpts Starscream is clearly the sculptor favorite)
    No what this means is HAsbro is willing to allow new product to be created for the japanese market, which means they're seling product category licences, which means they're also open to new TF:A products. This may be testing the waterfor the japanese markets tase for TF:a overall. We could yet see new TF:A from hasbro and the most hoped for of all, new TF:A episodes!

Fingers crossed

13. Seibermore

Seibermore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a Shockwave one! :) 

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    :jawdropper:  Holy crap! This never dawned on me, but you're completely right; this could be HUGE news!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  15. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Beast Wars got plenty of Japanese exclusive products, and they never got 'extra' show content beyond clip-shows. I appreciate your optimism (HUGE Animated fan since day 1), but that seems like quite a stretch.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's pretty hilarious/sad that the artwork is (mostly) just the stock images with the head expanded.

He can join a support group with Superlink Ariel and Energon Downshift. :) 

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I love how that chibi Bulkhead is all "GIMME COOKIE OM NOM NOM".

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Always great to see new Animated product.

It could just be the angle of the photography, but the sculpts don't look much good compared to the 2d art. Prowl looks like there's no body there, just a head with arms and legs attached. Bumblebee, Starscream and Bulkhead look alright.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Probably because resizing a head in a 2d picture isn't the same as a 3d sculpt. I wouldn't be too worried about the final keychains, the real life ones just look weird from this angle, where exact copies of the 2d mockups aren't possible (in real space some parts would overlap or not be connected right...ah, the magic of 2d!).

Whoah whoah whoah whoah, don't jump to conclusions people!

Some keychains are not the same as new 'real' Transformers figures. These things are cheap to create, both in man hours as well as materials, so I reckon Takara/Tomy has pretty much free play making these, without infuence from Hasbro.

And hey, Alternity and Masterpiece Grimlock are both products created by Takara/Tomy alone - the latter is going to be available in the west next year, but Alternity isn't. They work together on big lines like movie toys, but that doesn't mean them crazy Japanese can't create anything without uncle Hasbro's approval/cooperation.

Of course, that also means they theoretically could make new Animated figures, but seeing as they are only releasing a handful of the currently existing ones, why whould they opt to create new ones instead of using the existing figure molds of the missing characters? - Think about that.

All we can hope for is better paintjobs to existing characters (like Henkei opposed to Universe), but to be honest: I don't think that's going to happen either. Animated will probably be targeted to the mass, just like Bayformers, and not the adult Japanese collectors, like Henkei. They will probably be content with the current products.

As for Episodes: as long as Cartoon Network still holds half the rights to it, how would Japan OR the west suddenly be able to produce more episodes? Answer: they wouldn't.

There's only a couple of ways the current Animated could run in Japan: 1. a Japanese Cartoon Network (don't know if it exists) - 2. A Japanese Channel that is owned/collaborating with Cartoon Network US - 3. The episodes are sold to the network.

Out of those, probably 1 or 2. There won't magically be new episodes, unless Hasbro and CN decide to make them..and Hasbro doesn't want that because it is focusing on their OWN channel and do not want future competition in Transformers.

BESIDES, do we really want new episodes made after Animated has run in Japan, and it's a hit? I say no. Why?
    -It might be produced by Takara/Tomy, resulting in some abomination of a cartoon that is WAY out of line with Animated
    -Too much time has moved, people involved with Animated might not all be possible to come back, resulting in new seasons that will feel 'off'.

I'd rather stick to what we have right now: a decent cartoon, could be better in some places, but with the heart in the right place, and with a strong love-it or hate-it vibe..NOT see it wrecked with more episodes that would diminish the overall feel of the show.

20. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Cartoon Network is only in the US. In every other market the show gets bought by a local network, YTV in Canada for example.