Japanese tech spec question!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tarma, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Tarma

Tarma Metal Slug

Does anyone know, or have a good idea about which G1 transformers came with tech spec cards / profile cards?

If you're not sure what I'm refering to, I'm talking about these:

[​IMG]

From my experience so far, it seems pretty random as to which have them, and those that don't. Is there a resource out there. I've missed, that lists the toys that should have them?

I know most, if not all, the G1 reissues come with them, but I'm talking about the original, 1980's, toys here :) 

2. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of the original G1 Transformer toys came with them.

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Years ago, i got a Lazerwave straight from a case, opened it, no card inside.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    See? That's what happens when you buy inferior product. You should have gotten a Laserwave instead!

5. Tarma

Tarma Metal Slug

All of the G1 transformers come with tech specs or a profile on the rear of the box (the latter for the wave 1 1985 Takara releases), but I'm certain they don't all have individual collector card style spec cards.

I also have a 'new' Shockwave and there's no card with it. I'm pretty sure my Trypticon doesn't have one either... and although it sounds like I'm answering my own question, I'd like confirmation nonetheless!

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got a Japanese G1 Razorclaw with a different kind of card, smaller and with a hole punched through the top. I think the "real" cards came later - I know Roadfire's are on the flaps of his box. Reissues got the cards, originals got different ones or printed somewhere on the boxes, like the flaps.

7. Tarma

Tarma Metal Slug

From what I've seen, (cuz sadly I don't have any... yet), the boxed G1 minibots (before the cards were introduced) have the spec cards as their tech specs won't fit on the tiny boxes.