Japanese Language Proficiency Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobotoChan, Mar 5, 2008.

1. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Anybody else on the board taken the JLPT tests at the end of last year?

I assume somebody else must have sat the tests because we all share an interest in Japanese robots and that may have led to an interest in Japan and the Japanese language.

Anyway, my results just came through the post for JLPT 4 and I passed - yay !!!

Now to get studying for level 3 :( 

2. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I'm studying Japanese as a hobby now, mostly to fill in some extra time at work. I have a vague goal of taking the easiest exam (Type 4?) when it cycles around again in December, although I now idea if I'll be even CLOSE to ready for it, if only because I just started. :D 

3. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Oooh its definately worth deciding to take JLPT 4 because it kinda galvanises your study and helps you focus on the goal of passing.

As long as you have studied for a while, you should be good to pass. You need to have Hiragana, Katakana and around 80 Kanji down pat. If you can do that then you will pass the reading section easily.

The spoken and grammar sections were the hardest for me :( 

If you decide to go for it - good luck !!!

I got to practice plenty with my partner because she is Japanese ;) 

Its also good to get the qualifications if you ever want to work in Japan. Shows that you have a certain level of communication skills which will be very useful when in Japan.