Japanese Headmaster clips

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, May 5, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Soundwave/Blaster battle would've been better with different music. As it stands, the goofy soundtrack only makes the awkward action seem even worse. Oh well. Still cool though.

3. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

I dunno if I want to kill Masamune Issei or give him a pat on the back.

As the Narrator I want to strangle him with piano wire, especially after watching Super Robot Life and 2010 all the way through in Japanese. The guy just wont shut up. EVER.

On the other hand, his Soundwave voice is very nice. I dig the different voice-over effects they did to make Soundwave's voice sound more "haunting". I didn't quite dig Issei's Soundwave having so much emotion, though (he cursed a lot and even LAUGHED on a couple of occassions).

Still, Soundwave was probably one of the better Japanese voices.

The only G1 voice I think they really REALLY screwed up was Shockwave ("Laserwave"). My God, he sounded like a grizzled old man with a scratchy throat in the Japanese dub.

4. Ktulu

News Credits:
    It's hard to imagine any other voice for him than Corey Burton's.

5. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Uh, interesting. From the way people have talked about it on these boards, I was expecting something more from the Blaster/Soundwave fight.

Was this all at the beginning of Headmasters so they could sweep away the old characters so as to sell the new toys?

The last scene of the Cybertron explosion was a little strange too. I know a lot of that is due to translation, but geez. I can sympathize with Cerebros/Fortress for a WTF moment.

Rodimus: My home planet has been destroyed! Oh well, I'm ditching you losers to find a planet without war!
    Kup: Me too!
    Blurr: Me three!
    Rodiums: Ok!
    Arcee: Me fo--
    Rodimus: NO, YOU CAN'T COME.

6. Ktulu

News Credits:
    I agree. I think it was mostly the music though. It wasn't any worse than most of the fights to be found in Transformers animation. Barring the movie and the Beast era shows since I haven't seen them, I can't recall a single well directed/choreographed TF battle. Most are pretty dull. At least this one had some visible damage in it.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Prime's death was episode 3, Blaster VS Soundwave was episode 2 I think.
    Cybertron being destroyed is about a third of the way into the series, though. It's more than just advertising since the Targetmasters come in very late, and many other 1987 toys get minimal screentime when a few of the holdovers are still about, most notably all the combiners.
    In general, yes it is to sell more toys. But its not the same as the Movie where everyone got killed off in the opening moments for the new cast. It's a gradual thing.

Considering Masterforce just ditched the existing cast and went with an all new lineup from go, you really have to wonder why Takara didn't simply do the same for Headmasters!

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:

:lol  :lol  :lol 

But seriously Rodimus just ran off with the matrix and it was never to be seen again. I really didn't enjoy Headmasters at all I seen up to episode 6 subbed, I just couldn't watch anymore. I also saw up to episode 1 dubbed and I couldn't even finish the episode. It was horrible.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Headmasters is... interesting. I'm up to where the Horrorcons debut. It's alright, though so far I'd say its one of the weaker TF series.