Japanese G1 trilogy DVD sets?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Astronut, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stumbled across this on ebay:
    DVD Transformers Headmasters Master Force Victory English Version | eBay
    Is this legit? it says it's in english, but as far as I know all those shows aren't translated (dubbed), and the dubs that do exist are awful.
    I've been googling to find out, but I can only find the Transformers Japanese Collection, which contains the same shows, but has different packaging, and isn't in English (only subtitles). It's also quite a bit more expensive. The first one is region free, the second is not.

The only places I can even find a picture of the cover of the one in the first link are ebay and ioffer, which makes me think they aren't official.

The seller's feedback also makes me think this is either bootleg or "Malaysian verison" (according to the seller).
    Does anyone have any info?

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

First one is a Chinese bootleg set. Whenever you see the subs listed as "Chinese, English, Malay" that's a general hint that it is a bootleg set. The subs are, probably, pretty horrible.

The second one is a licensed product, and is legit. Honestly, $70 for that seems like a fairly good price to me for all 3 sets.

Edit. I see you're in Norway. I know there was a set of the Japanese shows put out by a UK company a few years back. You might want to look through Amazon's UK division for that set.

Second edit - Here is a link to it
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformer...6B8Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349220511&sr=8-2

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. Astronut

News Credits:
    Thanks for the confirmation and the link to the real deal :thumb 
    Knew it had to be too good to be true at that price.

4. Astronut

News Credits:
    But of course, none of those ship to Norway.
    I swear, sometimes they make it difficult to be a law abiding citizen. :tongue: 

5. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay: