Japanese G1 exclusives at botcon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Malach Ra, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey guys, were there any jap G1 excl. being sold at botcon? along the lines of shuffler, artfire, stepper and those hard to get little bastards. did anybody get lucky there?

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The guy that's sculpting the upcoming Rodimus pvc statue had 5 of the headmasters, no shuffler. I think that was as rare as it got though. Plenty of Star Sabers, Victory Leos, Overlords, a Grand Max, some of the other stuff, but I don't think I saw any tapes or the TMs. One guy had a Minerva though, not sure if it was complete but he was asking $500 for it. Yikes.

3. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    it better had be complete and unused for 500. bone white also. I paid a pretty penny for bone white MISB minerva(more than 500). and to this date have never seen MISB one anywhere else.

4. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

The Minerva was missing the head guns.

There was also a nice Black Zarak there, but the seller wanted a crazy amount for it (1300+).

Other than that and what oro mrntioned was about it.

5. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    I think its a waste to bring those high dollar toys to a botcon unless you unload them for a reasonable cost(most people want too much mula). unless its a shuffler, cause the sky may be the limit for that little bastard. I heard the best time to buy those expensive goodies is on the last day when everyone is trying to recoup expenses. may be wrong though, never been.

6. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

One dealer (I can't remember the name, I shouled have, he had a lot of cool Lucky Draw stuff) had the gold Convoy trophy-ish thing that was shown off in the TF: Generations book. I just about drooled looking at it.

7. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    ^ the MP-01 gold convoy?

8. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

There was one of those too, but this was a gold G1 Convoy standing on a trophy base. I think it was only given to a few Takara employees back in the day, but I don't know the exact details.

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

There was stuff, very little in excellent condition, and most were wacked out in price. $550+ for a MIB Scorponok?!? I got one from Curt at TF source for $450, which is still steep, but it was PERFECT. I snagged a Victory saber set, Buster and Hydra, almost bought the Gold Plated Masterpiece Prime, but my wife would've killed me. I managed to get all but 6 things I was looking for, and most of those I didn't get were Japanese. The headmaster heads, the Dino Tapes, Dino King, Raiden, LioKaiser, Deszarus. There was a MIB Deszarus but he wanted $350 for it with some Chrome wear and stickers applied, I paid that for my MISB case fresh one so I passed. There was a raiden but he was too yellow, only $350 though he was priced good for his condition. Someone bought him Sunday before I could make a better offer. If you are regretting not going to get some Japanese exclusives don't worry you didn't miss out.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    No Shuffler. There was a Lione and Trizer. The Trizer sold. Alex Bickmore had that overpriced Minerva for $500.00(just body, headmaster, helmet). My offer was $220.00. Eric from Last Century always has tons of Star Saber, Victory Leo, Liokaisers. A Metalhawk with shell and robot sold for $80.00.

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yep, for $3,500.

12. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    yeah, id be only interested in the ol shuffler, he's top dog on my list right now, I hate being this type of collector, but owell. guess i'll just wait in the shadows for that little elephant.

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    ^That's makes two of us then. I'm pretty sure we will have a bidding war for one, some day. :lolol 

14. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    you betta ba-ring it hector.

15. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sheesh, try tracking down the white Shuffler! Got the other five, but that little booger has been evading me for 10+ years.

16. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd say about 80% of the stuff is newer stuff, the last 5 years. There wasn't a lot regarding older US stuff, even less regarding any Japanese type stuff.

I need to find out who it was that had the classic issue (gold box) Grimlock I think it was tempting toys, but I'm not sure.

17. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Good luck lol I missed out on one on that was ina lot with all the others yahoojp by 10 cents due to a bidding limit which was $300 and then he got relisted for double.

18. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I had to look at the Gold MP Prime all weekend since my booth was right across the way. There had to have been a pool of drool somewhere on the floor.

The same dealer also had Raiden loose, and the Headmaster heads. All weekend long he'd pull out something else randomly and it would soon sell and walk away. At his (or the next guy's booth) I snagged an MISB e-hobby black Megs that was really nice for $100 (I never knew the top of the gun was black chrome- it was too sharp not to buy). I was just bumbed because 10 minutes later the guy pulled out a Wonderfest Convoy that he was asking $200 for. Needless to say it was bought in a flash, and I missed completing my BT's by moments.

Oh well. Overall it was a great show. Lots of great people and plenty enough to buy- at least for me.

19. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I was asking that dude about that. I think he said there was something like 30 of them made, he was selling his for $3500.

He had quite a few lucky draws and a MISB Victory Saber set ( for $850, ouch ).

I got his card if anyone is interested I can PM them his info.

I was eyeballing a Road Caesar for $300, but got too much other stuff. The dude at the table had a bunch of Japanese stuff.

~X

20. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    was it blackgears?