Japanese convoys question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

ok between beastwars, beastwars second, neo, and robotmasters which animal convoy out ranks the others.

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You need to be more specific. Do you mean, which is the better toy, or which character has the higher rank?

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

which character is a higher rank. continuity wise

4. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

THe highest ranking authority in the Japanese BW universe are the Convoy Council (the Maximal Elders in the US). The only named member of the bunch is Great Convoy.

Beast Convoy, Lio Convoy, Big Convoy and Crow Convoy are all equals it would seem, though some are more decorated or revered than others

For instance, Lio Convy seems to gawk in awe at the presence of Beast Convoy in the Beast Wars II movie, while everyone and their mother shits on Crow Convoy in the Beast Wars Neo manga.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    .. Crow Convoy?

6. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    i think crow convoy is a member of the convoy counsil

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Crow Convoy!

[​IMG]

He's just an obsucure character in BW Neo manga.

Big Convoy could be placed somewhat the lowest of all Beast Convoys, as he was in awe of Lio Convoy when he appeared in Neo show/manga, just like Lio was to (Gorilla) Convoy.

As for Robot Masters, I am not sure if the balance was shifted because there's no Big Convoy in RM and RM Lio Convoy didn't appear in RM manga (I think).

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Crow....Convoy...

Jesus. :sly: 

Those silly japanese writers;) 

9. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

What...in...the...f*ck?

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I want a PVC of that guy! Think of the funnies people could come up with using that guy!

I kind of figured Big Convoy or Primal are the lowest (One man army / equivalent of an SAS soldier and the captain of a scientific survey ship, trusted enough though to dispose of the Council of Elder's greatest mistake). Lio to me would be the most respected of the three, though perhaps that is because I've not seen any of Beast Wars Second to know what his actual role is.

They're all pretty low, though, compared to the other Convoys. Great Convoy and the other leaders among the elders command the sort of position that Convoy would in other series like Galaxy Force.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I always thought of Big Convoy, Lio Convoy, and (Gorrilla) Convoy as being sort of like 1 star Generals. They outrank everyone else, but are vastly outranked by 5 star Generals that are on the Convoy Council.

However, as we saw in the pilot of BWNeo, Big Convoy couldn't have cared less that the Convoy council assigned him a mission, but when it was revealed that Vector Sigma had made the request, he did it without any further questions. In addition, I always got the feeling that Big and Lio were more associates rather than any kind of awe.