Japanese Beast Wars Box Set JBW 2007

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ams, Jan 15, 2007.

1. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Can't wait for more info, a weird blend of characters though. I wonder why they put 2 BW2 or Neo (sorry not sure) charecters in there.

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    NEO.:p 

That's what I'm wondering, too. Especially those characters...

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gotta admit that however interesting, I'm incapable of preordering something like this sight-unseen. I'm leaning toward expecting repaints/remolds versus totally new molds as well, mainly because all 8 toys listed were all the same size class in their original release (assuming the BWX or Robotmasters versions of Op Primal and Megatron, all deluxes)

I would deathly LOVE to see all-new molds for guys like Dinobot and Blackarachnia, however. Most of the others wouldn't need much more than touch-ups or head remolds IMO.

4. akum6n

akum6n Bootleg

At least, I think we can expect the typical awesome paintwork from Takara. GF Vector Prime vs. Cyb Vector Prime, anyone?

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very interesting news. Japanese fans are told that there would be some BW toy reissues with new paint applications, not new molds...(and many Japanese fans suspect they'd be Hasbro BW anniversary figures) And no news about the toys even though the rerun of the show has started already.
    Would they actually make a set of new toys just to sell at a convention, regardless of the high price? Plus as many people stated already, the lineup including Neo fogures is strange.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I figure there are two major possibilities.

1: The large set is a slightly altered version of the Botcon exclusives. You could easilly change Laserbeak into Arcadis, and Tigatron into Coradha. I figure the two pack would be just Primal and Megs with maybe metallic paint apps or something.

2: The large set has the BW10th Primal and Megs along with other characters redesigned in a similar matter. Judging by the price, the two pack could be Optimal Optimus and Dragon Megs redesigned in the same fashion, albeit a bit smaller than the originals.

Either way, they could be interesting.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pre-ordered, but only 'cause of BBTS' flexibility for pre-orders. I'm pumped, but no way I'd pay upfront for $200+ of unseen toys, new mold rumors or not.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, one problem with that: Quality Control. TakaraTomy's QC is, how should I say it, rather lacking.

9. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty interesting but i'll need to see the figures first before ording something like this. costs a little much to go out on a whime for $225 and again it could just have the 10th anniversary primal and megs, but i'm rather curious about these new molds for the other especially dinobot.

10. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    It would be cool for me to have these(from a collector's standpoint, as I'm not a fan of BW), but the $225 price tag is a little too much for me to afford right now. :( 

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I preordered the moment I saw it. As many others have stated, BBTS system makes it very easy to cancel preorders - one of the reasons why I rarely go anywhere else for imported TFs.

I'm also pretty dubious that there are new molds here. My bet is the US BW10 Prime and Megs with redeco'ed reissues of the other molds. If it's something else, I'll be delighted to be wrong.

12. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    New molds........to the Japanese maybe. It's probably the BWX primal/megs molds. As far as I know, those haven't be released over there. Not sure on the rest.

13. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Alright, this thread has convinced me to preorder.

You all had better hope I don't regret it!

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can always cancel if you do regret it.:lol 

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I'll just take the Primal-Meg set IF they are really new molds.

16. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Hmmm... don't know if I'm getting it... wish I had some pictures....

17. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I guess pre-ordering is the safer road to take if I think I may like the set, but actually expect it to be more re-releases of previous molds.

Hope Joel doesn't get burned by this.... I mean: lots and lots of preorders, and then a huge amount of cancelations when we find out what the sets really are.

I'm going to preorder. Preparing for the best, but expecting the same.

-airfox

18. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This doesn't make any sense to me. Eight new molds that are only available for one weekend to celebrate the short rerun of an old tv series. I think that someone has their information wrong. My guess is that this is the tenth anniversary Deluxe Optimus Primal and Megatron (which are new molds to Japan), with the tenth anniversary reissues of Cheetor, Waspinator, Dinobot and Tarantulas (possibly repainted as Blackarachnia), with either the tenth anniversary reissues of Rhinox and Transmetal Rattrap or new reissues of Beast Wars Neo Archadis and Cohrada. Either way, the $225 price is too high.

19. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow, it would be awesome if these were the BotCon molds, I'd pay the entire $225 just to get Megatron and Waspinator. It would be cheaper then trying to get them off eBay :p 

20. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt he will, due to the exclusive nature of them, I dont think he'll mind the extra stock. He will eventually unload all his exclusives, it may just take him a little while longer.