Japanese Animated ep 1: a complete list of cuts and changes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DrSpengler, Apr 3, 2010.

1. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Many people know what Gundam is but not too many of them watch Gundam.
    Core Gundam fans (mainly Universal Century lineup) are being called "Gun-Ota".

2. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    That's interesting to know. So maybe things aren't so different in Japan in terms of the shows you get and the general attitudes to adults watching cartoons. I mean it's not like we adults here in the West go out telling everyone about our geeky hobbies as well.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow...that's really butchered, glad i watched the real show

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yikes..... I really don't understand why the family is there. Do other shows have families introducing cartoons?

5. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I don't know or really care how it's presented in Japan. I just want the line to be a success there so we can get more toys.

6. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Transformers-wise, the Otoboto family stuff serves a similar purpose to the "Artemis and Moon Second Report" segments from Beast Wars II.

Only far more product-shilling than even that was and with the added "bonus" of actually replacing content from the stories-themselves.

7. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Same here in Sri Lanka :)  Asian culture. Not to mention my mom not allowing me to own any Transformers Toy because she says "You are 23, You should have a girl not a toy". :D 

8. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Transformers: Animated is mostly regarding American culture, so the Otobuto family is a connection to the Japaneses native culture. That may be one reason the family is there. That and to sell more toys for TakaraTomy.

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Question: Do all of these foreign cartoons get separate Japanese-animated intros?

It just seems a really strange tradition to me. I'm wondering if it's part of fulfilling some sort of legal requirement, or if elaborate opening titles just carry greater significance over there.

10. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

From what I've seen via you tube and the time I was over there, the newly-animated intros for shows like X-Men and Animated are far from the norm.

Typically, they either straight up translate the American theme song (DuckTales, Phineas & Ferb, 80s Ninja Turtles, etc) or they'll commission a new song and then cobble together a "new" opening from clips of episodes (90's Iron Man, 03 Ninja Turtles, GI Joe, just about every Western Transformers cartoon that wasn't Animated, etc).

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Okay cool, I suppose it's a good sign then. If they're willing to invest the extra money for the new opening, they must have high hopes for the show.