Japan G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Macross79, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

This always got me wondering,

In the US we had Sunbow that produced the cartoons with Marvel Productions and Hasbro promoting the show as a 30 minute toy commercial to sell toys. But who produced the cartoons in Japan and was it Takara that promoted the toys?

2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Well yes Takara did promote the toys

I don't think I can really answer your first question but it brings up a question of my own and that is, how much production work really goes into taking a already made cartoon and translating it into another language?

That's pretty much what was done I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds but still , The episodes were already made all they needed to do was translated into the market language

3. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

I believe that is the end credits for season one in Japan

At some point you see the takara logo show up...as well as a marvel, sunbow and Hasbro

4. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    In short, Takara owns the license to produce Transformers products and material in Japan. Always have.

Pre-Beast Wars materal were all animated by Toei, who also animated a decent chunk of the G1 cartoon episodes as well as the G1 movie. After that, it all depends on the studio/s used.