Japan Blu-Ray Ed. Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheLastPrime, Nov 28, 2009.

1. TheLastPrime

TheLastPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's going on guys! Im a newbe to the Boards but a long time watcher and have been crazy about Transformers since I was a kid in the 80's and have been collectiing since I was a kid, with that being I may be posting in the wrong fourm or something that's been postered already (I searched and didnt see anything)

My question is do you have any info on the Blu-Ray Edition Optimus Prime toy that's coming out in Japan next month?.....any US stores getting them? retail on the package?

Thanks in adavance! glad to be part of the team!

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Well welcome aboard.

No word on if the deco of the Japanese Prime'll make it's way stateside or not, but I'd venture a guess that, if we do see one, it'll be sometime next year around the time we get the redeco of Leader Megs and the new Leader Starscream mold.

If not then, don't count on getting it cheap as it'll be import only.

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Hey, welcome to the boards. We've got a welcome thread here.

And like NGW said, if he, or a repaint like him, is going to be released stateside, it'll come out around the time the Megatron redeco comes out. I think a different version will come out instead though.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    If you're talking about the black and gold repaint of leader Prime, then no, it will not be sold stateside. Hasbro will not release it. You can get it via some online sites who will import them in, but be prepared to pay a hefty price tag for it.

Now, while Hasbro will never release it, it doesn't rule out that we won't get a black repaint version of Leader Prime, their own "take" on it, so to say, but we will not ever get that specific toy domestically released. A pity, since it does look nice, but it's not going to happen.

If you want it, your best bet is to register with Amazon.jp and order it through them, but be aware that shipping isn't going to be even close to cheap.