James Avery Confirmed for Voice Work in TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

I just posted this over at Hisstank.com, but I wanted to post it here as well...

If Micheal Bay doesn't use the Concord that is on the USS Intrepid then he is a fool.

Just think how awesome it would be if all of the Aerialbots were on the deck of that aircraft carrier and then all took off at once.

It would be a sweet sight to see them all fly off into the sunset with the NYC skyline in the background.

2. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:

Although, i do not know much when comes to these things but....
    Even i know, that a "Concorde" taking of from an "Aircraft Carrier" is extremely unlikely unless "Silverbolt" is in robot mode when he takes off.:D :tongue: 

Though, i would put up with it if was explained properly,as i would like to see the Aerialbots in the movie , if it dose turn out to be the last one. :( 

3. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Well I am glad to hear that Mr. Avery is alive and well and who is he playing exactly??

4. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *headdesk* He's playing Silverbolt! *if that was a joke, you got me and I will take back the headdesk*

jD001

5. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

as for the death thing, that has happened to a couple of "celebrities lately"

As for James Avery, I love Uncle Phil and am glad for any work he can get. Love to hear him in TF3.

6. optimus_tractor

optimus_tractor Well-Known Member

I remember Avery did the voices for quite a few general 90's cartoon characters. He's not half bad, so I'm excited.

7. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the USS Intrepid. It is a decommissioned aircraft carrier that is docked in New York City. On its deck there are many decommissioned aircraft. Many of them were used for military purposes, but there are some civilian aircraft such as one of the Concord jetliners. In fact right now the USS Intrepid is also in the running to acquire one of the NASA space shuttles once they are decommissioned as well.

Now I know that it would be impossible for the Concord or any jet for that matter to take off from that deck with all of the other jets on it. I even know that the Concord would need more of a runway than that to get up to speed. I just though it would have been a cool idea because the jets could transform into robot mode, jump into the air, and then transfform back into jet mode and take off. They are robots afterall.

If you don't like that idea I guess they could just toss all of the other non-transforming jets off of the deck and into the water to make room in order to take off. I don't think that the Autobots would be that wreckless though.

The USS Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum features the following aircraft which could be used as the Aerialbots...

Concord = Silverbolt

F4 Phantom II = Fireflight

AV-8B Harrier II = Slingshot

F-16 Fighting Falcon = Skydive

The only one that is missing would be an F-15 Eagle for Air Raid. I would probably just substitute it for the F-14 Tomcat that is also on the Intrepid. It would be like the G.I. Joe Skystriker showing up in the Transformers universe.

Anyways, I always found it wierd that they orginally used an F-15 Eagle for the G1 Air Raid in the first place after the Decepticon seekers were already F-15's as well.

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given the fact that Avery's the voice, I'd wager that
    Silverbolt
    isn't an
    Aerialbot
    in the traditional sense at least, but
    another Seeker.

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Next rumor: Will Smith will be cast as the voice of
    Shockwave

10. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

Never heard of James Avery, But I think I love him only because of that picture.

11. Yazuka

Yazuka Autobot

He was also the voice of Shredder in the old Turtles show.
    Surely you've seen that? Either way, he has a great voice and I'm looking forward to hear him as Silverbolt.

12. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

So... they can get Charles Adler to play Starscream, but they can't allow him to reprise his original role in Transformers as Silverbolt??? :sly2: 

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    They didn't use Peter Cullen as Ironhide or Frank Welker as Megatron either. Frankly, Adler's performance as Silverbolt wasn't anything spectacular, iconic, or to write home about.

14. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Maybe not iconic but it sounded good and fit the character. It had a youthful/learn as you go vibe, and just had a nice sounding tone to it. I wonder if he can still do that though, as in his movie performance for Starscream he used alot of deep tones and rumbly under-breath sounds.

15. Strategist

Strategist Hound Wrangler TJ 4.0I

Silverbolt?! Could that mean Aerialbots/Superion in TF3?

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the other Aerialbots and of course their combined mode Superion.

If that would be the case. Who would be his opponent? The Stunticons would be terribly out of scale. The Combaticons/Bruticus would fit better (although jets are still bigger then military vehicles perhaps this could be fixed by the way they transform).

Ideas to update the Aerialbots (many of the original jets are no longer used or going to be replaced in the coming years).

Silverbolt: B-1B Lancer bomber (there is nothing like a Concord anymore but the appearance of the B-1 looks right for him)
    Air Raid: F-22A Raptor fighter (is replacing F-15)
    Sky Dive: F-35A Lightning II fighter (will replace F-16)
    Slingshot: F-35C Lighting II STOVL fighter (will replace Harrier)
    Fireflight: F/A-18E Super Hornet fighter or maybe F-15E Strike Eagle fighterbomber (he was an F-4 Phantom which was an older jet just like the F-18 and F-15 series currently)

I can't find the code to make black bar around tekst to hide names. But I guess someone who wouldn't want to be spoiled wouldn't open this topic anyway.