Jam Sessions for DS

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pscoop, Sep 14, 2007.

1. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    http://ds.ign.com/objects/892/892095.html

Has anyone else heard of this? I admit as a guitarist I have been interested to see how it works since I first heard about it. You can program the buttons to represent up to 16 chords at one time and strum using the touch screen, from the video I saw it sounded closer to an acoustic guitar than I would have expected.

Could be something fun to tinker around with.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought it yesterday!

Basically, it's a chords-only guitar sim. It has some stuff built in to help you use it/learn some theory, but at its heart it's not really a game. You do get access to over 100 chords, which means a lot of freedom in that regard. Bit of a shame there's no single-string, but eh. This is still rather impressive.

I'm getting quite a kick out of it. :D  If you wait 'til November there'll be a bundle released with a 4-inch mini amp. I'm thinking of getting ahold of a mini amp mostly because one of the cart's drawbacks is its painfully low volume out of the DS speakers.

*edit*

Also, you get a decent set of variable Effects, so you can add stuff like Distortion or Trembolo in the sim itself.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I saw that bundle with the mini amp, cute. 100 chords is pretty impressive, I was hoping for single string action, but still sounds cool to play around with. It sounds like you could use it for getting a basic idea for song put together when you don't have a guitar with you which seems cool.

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What sucks is, the game came out in a much more barebones manner in Japan months ago...and it was looking (so I heard) like our version would have had more upgrades than just the tutorial and songsheet additions. Like, single strings. I heard (again) that some screenies of a five-string Jam Sessions were floating around...

My main hope is that something like that wasn't tossed to get this out before GH3 or Rock Band. Because this is not anything like either of those games, and lots of GameFAQs type folks are pissed because they were expecting pocket Guitar Hero. :lol 

*EDIT*

Also, this is very very likely the amp that's going to be in the bundle come November:
    http://shop.firstact.com/PublicStor...x?id=301&cid=94&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1