Jafcon Black Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by metrotitan, Feb 11, 2010.

1. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

I have a MISB Black Jafcon Megatron, and I have no idea what its worth (since they're never on ebay). Does anyone here have any clue what one goes for these days? I appreciate any input I get. Thanks!

-metro

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    can you post a pic of it..ive never heard of it?

3. metrotitan

News Credits:
    Don't have a working digital camera at the moment. Its very similar to the recent e-hobby black megatron (brown handle, black head/trigger), but the "silver" parts are a darker colored chrome (closer to black....pretty much like what they use for Henkei Hound). The box is the same as the 16-S megatron (original e-hobby re-issue from 2002 or so).

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am I remembering wrong, or wasn't that one the ORIGINAL eHobby exclusive from six or so years ago, and the chrome was then changed for the recent re-release? I'm not aware of a Jafcon Megatron.

I could be wrong about that, haven't looked at my spreadsheet in a while.

EDIT: Yep, that's right. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_(G1)/toys

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  5. metrotitan

News Credits:
    Yes, AMS, that's it (impressive research work). Still, any idea on value?

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. metrotitan

News Credits:
    It looks like that is MIB. I'll assume MISB is worth at least a little more. Also, the "local-pickup-only" limits your pool of buyers, which might explain why nobody is even making offers on it (let alone buying it). Still, that's the best info. I have at this point. Thanks for the lead (never would have thought to search for JAPCON....whatever that is). Any other input is still appreciated.

At this point, given the dearth of comparable sales, selling it would be a total crap shoot. I'll likely just have to wait it out until I have something to peg it against.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or just put it up at a price that is higher that what you think. If it sells, bonus. If not, what have you really lost? It sure beats offering it up for peanuts and watching someone steal it for not much more. It's rare. So don't go giving it away. :thumbs2: 

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $150 to $200 max would be my guess. I'd imagine a lot of people got the "same" toy at normal prices last year when it was reissued, so the buyer's pool for the original release may be a bit more limited.

10. metrotitan

News Credits:
    I actually have both.....the 2000 version is definitely different enough where the new version isn't really just a reissue (like Sunstorm was). I have my own guesses about what its worth, but no supporting data. If anyone sees a lead/auction at any point (from ebay or anything else), just post or PM me please.

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    You'll be safe to price it at USD $250. (Assuming that the condition's really in said C9 above & MISB)

I would say that's the going rate for the original eHobby Black Megatron on eBay way before TakaTom reissued the watered down version. ;)