Jackpot Baby Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by tikgnat, Nov 1, 2006.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Some folk may know I've been going around and getting together a set of Centurions figures, and their Assualt Weapons systems (AWS)... (Centurions was a toyline from the 80's where three guys are the only defence against the evil Doctor Terror, (who has Diplomatic immunity) and they have weapons systems that beam down from a sattelite which fuse with their suits making them cyborgs)

Well the last AWS just arrived! It took ages to get here, but it finally arrived, and I hit the jackpot.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330023543524

Notice the description isn't particularly detailed, and the picture is kinda vague... but for $15 I couldn't really go wrong. Well it turns out the box has a little damage, but nothing serious. Obviously the seller didn't want to put anyone off by posting detailed pics...

Well the box insert is present, the AWS is still bagged inside and the Label sheet and instructions and catalog are all bagged... in other words it totally mint complete. Seeing as I paid £43 ($81) for a boxed Detonator and (I think) and £47 ($89) for a MIB bagged Skybolt $15 was an absolute STEAL. So now my Centurions collection is complete. Except for boxed Hackers, Traumatizer, and Strafer. But bad gus aren't my priority... but can I stop here?

Anyway I posted these before, but here they are again... Depth Charger to follow once I pluck up the courage to unbag it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yeah. Whoohoo!!!

Edit
    May as well put the latest in this post as well, save going to the next page.

[​IMG]

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    wow those are cool looking. Now I see where Sigma 6 got the pegging accessories gimmick from

3. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice one!

Cheers!

4. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Congrats on the steal! I used to love this show and had all the toys (Kicks self for not taking better care of his toys)

5. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Good god I remember that show, I used to love it as a kid but I never knew that there was toys aswell, maybe it's just another case of "lets screw sweden of some cool toys" as usual.

6. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

there are instructions to combinet the various aws i'm not shoure if they were in the boxes or not.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fun looking toys. Congrats :D 

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Centurions! Awesome man, those were great toys back in the day. I've been thinking of getting back into Silverhawks!

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Finally, other people who actually know what The Centurions were! I *loved* that show as a kid, but even the most 80's savvy people I have ever mentioned it to don't remember it.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice find man, but I noticed you don't have the Seabat or the Awesome Auger. I found the later but have yet to see a reasonably price Seabat.

Edit:

Sorry I meant Swingshot not Awesome Auger ... that one I don't think ever got made.

11. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Freakin' awesome! I remeber having those when I was a kid. I think some of those might be still kicking around at my parent's place in storage.

12. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

That's sweet. I used to have all these guys, I completely forgot about them.

13. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I remember the toys, but not the show. Was it any good?

By the way, a vintage toy store here in Cincy usually has some Centurion stuff, anything in particular you want? I could take pics.

14. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I'm the exact opposite. I remember the show but not the toys. I watched it on Cartoon Network years ago, so I really don't know when the show came out originally. It was pretty good, as I remember watching this and SWAT Kats most afternoons:drunk 

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Power Extreme!" LOL! I always wanted the toys but by the time they came out, my parents felt that I had too many toys. Off topic but did they release the DVDs?

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Very nice. I always thought about trying to get them. Ace was always my favorite but his extra suits were so huge. Only extra suit I would get is the Wild Weasel for Max.

17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, but I don't want a Seabat, or any of the others apart from the ones I have.

Centurions only ran for one miniseries and one series only, and the three main characters and their main AWS's were the only ones for the majority. They introduced a couple of other characters toward the end, Rex Charger (Energy expert) and Johnny Thunder, (Infiltration Expert). They also brought in a couple of new AWS's for the original characters, but I don't connect with them as I never watched the later episodes in my youth, (I've only seen them more recently during reruns) and they never featured in the comics, UK or US.

And if that isn't testament to the power of nostalgia nothing is! I'll probably take pictures of Depth Charger later tonight, as well as other misc bits of my Centurions collection.

And yeah, the AWS's are bloody huge... as a kid I only had Max Ray who came packed with Cruiser, and I never saw any of the AWS's on sale over here. Orbital Interceptor and Wild Weasel are fairly small box wise, but Detonator, Skybolt and Depth Charger are HUGE.

fschuler, what stuff does this store have? The main criteria for my Centureions collection is it has to be boxed, and really all I want now are Hacker, Traumatizer and Strafer, just the remaining stuff from the first lot of toys really!

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    sweet. power extreme to your mother, aight?

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool figs!

20. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits: