Jackie Chan + Jet Li = The Forbidden Kingdom. Coming April 2008!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by pinoy78, Jan 6, 2008.

1. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

There's a brand new trailer now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, that looks both awesome and stupid at the same time. I'm definitely going to see it, but I bet I'm going to be cringing quite a few times, considering that...whoever that white kid is is in it. I'm a huge fan of Jackie Chan's so I have to see it for him at any rate.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse-kicked Bruce Lee so hard, he broke into two halves. Those halves are now known as Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

:p 

Love them both, can't wait! :rock 

4. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Ladies and gents.

The Forbidden Kingdom opens TODAY! April 18, 2008.

Let us know what you thought of it...

EDIT: I noticed the white guy is absent from all the commercials. LULZ.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Jacky Chans US films have generally been turd. The only ones that I considered passable were Rush Hour 2 (where it seems he had a lot more control seeing as half of it was shot in HK) and Shanghai Knights 2 (where Owen Wilson and Donnie Yen pretty much save the film. Having said that, the UNCUT fight sequence between Chan and Yen in the extras is actually better than the actual movie fight sequence, Which just proves (IMO) that American editors don't know how to edit HK fight scenes. For cripes sake. You ever wonder why HK actors are so VOCAL during their fights? Its because they cry out to signal their intent to other guy so they know whats coming and the fights appear punchier. In HK they dub over the soundtrack to they don't grunt with every attack!)

At least he's honest enough about the US films. He's not proud of them and did it for the money. So?

And really, if you had done a film, where you and many other people were also being paid, had collectively worked together over a year, and whose jobs and careers also depended (or depended even more so) upon the financial success of the film, wouldn't YOU promote it?

'Nah, I think the film I just did was shit. No offence to all the guys I just worked with, all the filmmakers, set builders, choreographers, camera guys, editors and all that lot. Screw em. The film was shit and you guys will never work in Hollywood again. I'm going back to HK where they know have to make good movies. Crazy Gwailo's.'

Yeeaaah. :rolleyes2 

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

GWAILO! :lol 

7. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

Jackie Chan works for Woolworths. who work for wallmart.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Asda is Walmart. Woolies is Woolies.

I died inside when I saw those adverts :( 

9. (R)Bumblebee

(R)Bumblebee Satan's Camaro

Oh yeah - A movie with two of my favourite actors... That has to be awesome!
    Chan and Li will :rock  the show!

10. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

Saw this last night. Won't win any Oscars, especially for story, but it was a LOT of fun.

11. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Loved this movie. Two big thumbs up for me! If your a fan of more modern style Hong Kong films like The Bride with White Hair, Zu Warriors and the like you'll love this. I think it was a much better homage to Chinese film than Crouching Tiger was, though both films are incredible for different reasons. Jackie and Jet are incredible and the directer and writer(both Americans) did a great job. Loads of fun for Chinese Kung-Fu fans!:thumbs2: 

12. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    saw it on Saturday, not the best kung fu movie i've ever seen, but definite a fun movie. the action was good, the fight between Chan and Li was great especially when they start changing animal styles. there was actually a lot of humor and they let Li cut loose a little instead of always being the stoic badass type. definitely worth seeing.

13. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Anything that involves the Monkey King is of great interest to me!
    I definately need to see this one!

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup caught it this weekend. Loved every second of it. Very enjoyable, and surprisingly funny.

15. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Got to catch it tonight. Really enjoyed it a lot. Don't ever remember seeing Jackie Chan in a movie like this. It was awesome seeing Jackie Chan and Jet Li kicking ass together in the same film. It's like in Heat, seeing Robert De Niro and Al Pacino together.

16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Looks like it could be a fun movie. Heard from a friend it had a ton of wire-fu though. And wire-fu = shit, so it might be disappointing.

17. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It was good, but I thought Jet Li made his last kung-fu movie with what was it "fearless"? It was fun to see Jackie and Jet together! Can't say the same for the kid from "sky high" though!

18. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw it last night and was very impressed. The best word to describe it is FUN. Both Chan and Li played their parts expertly and the story, while a little obvious at times, was still enjoyable and made sense. (a rare thing in today's Hollywood) I laughed and felt sad at the right moments with the story.

Not an oscar winner (not that any fun movie ever is) but it will go on my DVD shelf when released.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just saw this last night. Gotta echo the comments about it being a fun movie. Kinda had the cliche that a weak person gets beat up and then comes back at the end all toughened up, but nothing in the movie was done in an awkward way. And of course, perfect roles for Chan and Li.

20. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Zombie Thread.

Saw it tonight, it was a big silly fun movie. Because I enjoyed it so much I can overlook the planet size plot holes, and a terrible, terrible script. I love this kinda movie...