Jack Thomson is going to have a FIELD DAY with this!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by *Deathblade, Dec 20, 2007.

1. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317544,00.html

JOHNSTOWN, Colorado — Two teens have been charged with killing the 7-year-old sister of one of them by beating her with imitations of moves from the "Mortal Kombat" video game, prosecutors said.

Lamar Roberts, 17, and Heather Trujillo, 16, were charged as adults on one count each of felony child abuse causing death, state prosecutor Robert Miller said in court documents released Wednesday and filed a day earlier.

According to a police affidavit, the teens were baby-sitting Trujillo's half-sister, Zoe Garcia, on Dec. 6 while the girl's mother was at work. Zoe lost consciousness and stopped breathing after the teens hit, kicked and body-slammed her, imitating moves used in the video game, the document said.

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and paramedics, the affidavits stated. The girl died at a hospital.

An autopsy showed she had a broken wrist, more than 20 bruises, swelling of the brain, and bleeding in her neck muscles and under her spine, the affidavits said.

There were no listed phone numbers in the Weld County directory for either Roberts' mother, Linda Clark, or Trujillo's, Dana Trujillo. Sheriff's spokeswoman Margie Martinez said late Wednesday that she did not know whether either teen had an attorney. The teens were being held at the Weld County jail but were not permitted to accept phone calls, Martinez said.

Roberts said he was downstairs playing video games while the sisters wrestled upstairs, police said. But a witness quoted in the affidavit said Roberts told her he had kicked the girl.

The witness told police that Roberts said Zoe had told them to stop wrestling. According to the affidavit, when the witness asked why they didn't stop, he responded, "I don't know; I was drunk."

If convicted, the teens could be sentenced to 48 years in prison.

What a couple of douches, I hope they rot in hell for what they did, on OF COURSE FOX NEWS during their live segment basically blamed Mortal Kombat instead of shitty kids and probably shitty parenting. MK my ass! Those wastes of space basically PLANNED to kill that kid, I hope they get whats coming to them.

Does any body even PLAY MK any more? I feel like its 1994 :rolleyes:  Anyways, I am sure Jack Thompson could not have wished for a better Christmas present. It has the direct link he has been looking for.

2. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Oh it's not the CHILDRENS fault! It MUST be the fault of video games!!

Fucking idiots. I'll even bet that this isn't the FIRST time that those two morons did this crap to the poor kid.

But no, we mustn't blame the kids and/or the parents. It MUST be the fault of some outside source.

3. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Knowing Thompson, he'll also be attracted to the fact one of them was named "Trujillo" to help fuel his closet racism. And yes Fox News will side with Thompson- Thompson is a strong Godboy type so FN sides with him constantly.

4. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Good 'ol Jack Thompson. :lol 

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a teribble story, and I feel horrible for the parents.

Blaming a video game? Those moves can be seen in any movie or wrestling show, and these kids were in their mid teens and know a whole hell of a lot better, or should. Also bringing up Mortal Komat of all things. Definitely sounds like A. Their defense is looking for a slim scapegoat and B. They aren't up to date on video games.

6. *Deathblade

I honestly would not be surprised if he tries to sign on as their defense lawyer

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thompson can't do squat. He's currently in the middle of his 90 day suspension,, plus his trial to be dis-barred is over(decision delayed till '08).

8. *Deathblade

can that stop him from going on TV? His actual legal prowess was never a consideration, but his "talking headedness" and the scapegoat friendly media has always been his weapon of choice

9. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I was going to make a joke about locking hot women in a room with DOA, but then I realised that it was in incredably poor taste to associate the fighting game genre with that particular franchise.

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    They deserve every minute of it. They knew better and are just horrible people, regardless of what they were "imitating".

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Did these kids have a time machine, who the hell plays Mortal Kombat in 2007?

12. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Taste went out the window when Mortal Kombat was mentioned.

13. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    Out of all the crap to pick to try and blame it on... mortal kombat of all things. I remember when there was public outcry about mortal kombat, over 15 years ago on the SNES.

And I hope they get 48 years each. A 16 and 17 year old that can't differentiate between videogames and reality(if this is the case, but we know it isn't true) does not deserve to walk the streets based on stupidity alone. Since that isn't the case, they don't deserve to walk the streets for punching and kicking a 7 year old to death.

Again, I blame poor parenting, and the lack of asswhoopins.

I'm 4 years older than my brother. We used to get in fights all the damn time, but there was a rule. We knew damn well that we couldn't leave a mark on eachother, because if our mom noticed, we'd get asswhoopins. I'd bodyslam him into the couch, he'd kick me in the head, one day we beat the hell out of eachother with broomsticks and he wound up inside a trashcan. But, we still knew what the limit was when kickin eachothers asses. And this is when we were 12 and 8. No one ever had to go to the hospital, and rarely did anyone get an asswhoopin from our mom.

Bad parents create bad/retarded kids, that do bad/retarded shit. There's no other excuse.

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    How in the world does being drunk plant the thought in the brain of two people to beat a seven year old girl to death?

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    One of my friends does, its the only 2-player game he'll play. Only because he can pick Sub Zero and just spam long-range freezing and knockdown attacks. Ensures your opponent can't actually do anything, let alone land a punch.

He's one of the people who can't lose, if they are about to, they turn off the console.

16. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

If it was 1993 maybe. In Jack's dreams I bet they blame Manhunt 2.

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

heh, I use to have a friend like that. I use to pick just pick Sub-zero too so we'd keep freezing each other until time ran out.

About those kids, they should be beaten to death Mortal Kombat style for even using the excuse of video games for their actions. I don't think poor parenting is to blame though I don't know the details of the their lives, but what kids and alot of adults need to take responsibility for their actions and stop looking for excuses. Culture influences us to be sure, but it doesn't control the choices we make in life.

You know I see you say this alot. It may be true in most cases, but alot of good people have come from homes with bad parents. And whipping your kids may help discipline them, but it doesn't mean that they'll always going to turn out 'correct'.

18. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    It doesn't, bad parenting does.

You see, children are born with an amount of a substance known as "stupid". Some have less, some have more. The best method for removing this "stupid", is whenever the child begins to act under the influence of "stupid", a leather belt to the ass will gradually remove it. However, you must keep in mind that if a child is not acting under the influence of stupid, the belt may actually end up adding additional "stupid" to their nervous system.

Common side effects of the removal of "stupid" are crying, sniveling, whining, and moping, these are only temporary. This procedure should only be applied to the buttocks, otherwise the parent applying this procedure may themselves be stupid and will only increase levels of "stupid" in the child.

If enough stupid is not removed from the buttocks between ages 2 and 18, the buildup may cause the child to become a "dumbass", referring to the extremely high content of "stupid" built up in the buttocks region.

In the event "stupid" has not been removed from the child over an extended period of time, other methods may be required, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

19. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Doesn't anyone realize that maybe the reason these people play "violent" games because they already have a predisposition to violence? The game doesn't change whats already there.

20. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Bastards.