Jack Thompson, Glenn Beck on GTAIV

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, May 1, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    watching Glenn Beck, and he's speaking out on GTAIV and his biggest guest is....
    Jack Thompson? suprised?
    not really.
    This is going overboard. he is sensationalizing the worst aspects.

personally, the only thing i disagree with on the GTA series is this: Parents who buy their 9 year old the games without looking at what they are dropping a dime for.

me and my best friend used to mock moms who would buy this for their kids.

ugh.

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Now he's just pulverizing that horse's corpse.

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Glen Beck is an ass (not just about this). Ignore them.

4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Gotta be fair, he specifically said that he was not asking for the game to be banned or anything, his primary complaint was about teens being sold the game, moms buying it for their kids, and that these types of games, movies, books, etc. tend to lead towards a social acceptence of violence.

I don't agree with his assessment, as he's over the top on it's effects and so forth, he always is on these types of issues. I wouldn't say it made him a jerk or to ignore him. I honestly laughed when he introduced Thompson, it was like "Ahaha, descredited yourself automatically there."

As for focusing on certain aspects, whenever I watched people play the third one, that's pretty much what they did 90% of the time. *shrug*

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That's a first.

6. Rodimus Prime

No, no, the Glenn Beck dude, not Thompson. Thompson was his usual self.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    My opinion of Beck in general is that he is a jerk and the only way to get rid of Thompson is to ignore him.

8. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Glenn Beck is an asshole, Jack Thompson is also an asshole.

9. Rodimus Prime

I think he's pretty darn funny sometimes. :) 

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Both of those guys seem to be constantly willfully ignorant (the worst kind of ignorant) about what they discuss. They're both tools, ignore them.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for the most part, Beck is okay and at times humoroua- although he takes every chance to remind us of his beliefs and alcoholism- but this report was bad in that he focused on one thing and beat its ass into the ground. he never said that the killing the prostitute you just bagged was OPTIONAL.
    You don't have to, but some demented kid out there will do it just like we used to attach m-80s to G.I. Joes and watch the carnage.
    it is like telling the world that heart surgery has an evil side: did you know, there's knives and blood and damage to the body? They have to cut your heart literally out of your chest to save you! The horror!

and Jack shot himself in the foot with that Devon Moore story (that happened in my own state.) he said, the kid bought GTA3 by himself- no parent knew about it, which means either he got some clueless person or the store didn't check his age.

and the last silly thing about this story is, Does Glenn, or Jack or some morality cop think that the 9 million copies expected to be sold will be bought entirely by 10 year olds?
    what about us 20-40 year old doods who are sane, rational and can separate reality from a video game?

if you will excuse me, i gotta go postal in Vice City.

oh, if you laughed at all during the Mooby Massacre in "Dogma" you are sicker than you think. ( i know i laughed. "Don't run! Don't Run!")

12. Rodimus Prime

Well, from the radio yesterday, Glenn came off as being more disgusted with a lot of the trashy stuff that's in entertainment today. It isn't that people can buy it, it's that this kind of stuff is popular. You can say he was being a morality cop, but he tends to rant on that kind of stuff while making it clear he doesn't want anything banned.

I'd argue that Beck isn't. He isn't always the most logical or brightest person, but the reason I enjoy listening to him on the radio is that he will go out of his way to gather the facts before he speaks his mind. If you disagree, PM me and we can discuss it if you want.