Jack mcdevitt Books

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by prowl007, Feb 3, 2008.

1. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

Before I begin As for the people who don't Like to read long texts, I apologize, But at least please take a moment to read a bit of it:) 

has anyone read any of his books?

Info on books available on

My review
    He does some of the Best Scifi books. Very immaginative,inventive, The plot itself is very unpredictable in some cases,But still there is no movie for this, WHY? It fits the Scifi Thriller Genre and it will for sure make a good movie. For those who have read his books Like Deepsix or Polaris will probably understand what I mean. Though sadly his books get overlooked a lot. But when I first Picked up the book Chindi ( his first book I read ) It immediatly appealed to me after reading the short review on the back. After reading the first chapter, I was immediatly dragged into jack mcdevitts universe as I read on for hours nonstop. 4 days Later I finished it And I must say, It is definatly one on my top 3 list. I have recommended this book to many friends and all of them liked it, I even recommended it to a diplomat and he liked it :) lololWhat was I thinking).
    So for anyone who hasn't read any of Jacks Books and > or is a scifi < fiction addict I Recommend you to go to your nearest bookstore and Pick up one of his books Now(You'll thank me after you read it)!!!

2. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've read a lot of his books - started with engines of god ages ago and 'rediscovered' him recently, Deepsix is probably my favourite. The only trouble is the plots tend to be a bit similar.

My favourite SF author at the moment is Peter F hamilton - he writes absolute bricks of books (the night dawn trilogy) but you can't stop reading them.

3. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

I'm Reading Pandoras star right now by Peter, Though havent finished yet.