J.J. Abrams' "Person of Interest"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by RebelMan, May 18, 2011.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool, I didn't know anything about this show so thanks for the link! I'll be tuning in to watch this for sure. I've missed Ben Linus. :D 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, I'm interested.

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So anyone else watch this show? I've been watching it religiously. One of my top 5 shows for the past two seasons. I guess last night was the season finale, and they wrapped up pretty much most of the mysteries from season 1, while starting some new things for season 3.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The first season recently finished airing here in the UK and my mother and I were hooked from the very first episode. I don't think there was a single bad episode in the entire first season, apart from maybe the stocks and shares one, but that was only because I have no idea about that kind of thing and so most of the business babble didn't make any sense to me. Still, that was my fault rather than the fault of the show itself.

It's an entirely engrossing show, with interesting characters and some great chemistry between them, and a nice drip drip of backstory and mysteries revealed at about the right pace. The mix of technology and action is just the right balance. And I like how you can spend an entire episode working out if the person of interest is a victim or a perpetrator. Sometimes you think you've got a handle on it and then it surprises you. You end up looking out for the twists and not taking everything at face value, so it's kinda like you're really along for the mission as the main characters work out what's going on.
    Then at the end of the first season you realise just how much has happened. This show packs a hell of a lot of quality story in.

My mother and I are now waiting impatiently for the second season to hit the UK.

I greatly recommend it to everyone. And I'm usually a very difficult person to please as far as television shows go. I've not been so satisfied with a series in a long time. It really puts a lot of other shows to shame.

6. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife and I never miss an episode. We LOVE this show. Great stories, action and actors. last night was the season finale, and I loved how they wrapped up some stuff, but then opened up a few new cans of worms.

7. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

this look familiar to watch dogs, im interested

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I recently got into this show and I love it.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Really, Watch Dogs just looks liek "Person of Interest: The Game" except with a way less likable or threatening protagonist and no Harold Finch. :( 

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Great show, been watching from the beginning. I haven't seen the season finale yet, but the previews of it look incredible. I really like where it's going too with the machine.

12. Venksta

News Credits:
    Anyone else still watching this show? The new season has been really good, especially with the expanded team. Mid season finale aired, and they did something very unexpected....

Detective Carter got killed off!

Things are going to be quite interesting when they return next year.

13. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This weeks episode wasn't a mid season finale. :inquisiti 

A new episode will air next week.

Check your local listings.

14. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

...I'm more worried about what Mr. Reese is going to do to the guy who catches him on a bad day now that they've lost one of their colleagues.

15. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

Saw the episode, too. I thought it'd be
    Fusco who'd get killed, DEFINATELY NOT Carter

16. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I like that last night's episode played with TV cliches by giving Reese and Fusco scenes that, in other shows, would assure their doom.

Reese's love confession to Carter and the almost-suicide story made me think he was going to die.

Fusco's seeming acceptance that Shaw saving his son meant he would die instead made me think Fusco was going to die.

17. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. Venksta

News Credits:
  19. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

My mom's happy.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for Channel Five here in the UK to air the second half of season two. I'm slightly concerned though since the channel recently announced it wasn't going to pick up season three of Once Upon a Time or the Wonderland spin-off, so POI might end up getting dropped too.
    I really have to wonder what the channels over here have for brains when they drop airing certain big name shows. I mean they hyped up Helix (dunno if that counts as a big name show) for weeks, aired the first five episodes (also bumping the fifth one to a midnight time slot) and then put it on hiatus to return at an unspecified date on their lesser channel 5*. I'm hoping we'll get the next season of Under the Dome once made since it aired the first season on C5, but that could get ignored too if things carry on this way.

I get less and less interested in television each week and pulling shit like this just makes me even less interested in starting to follow any new show. No wonder the terrestrial channels often do so badly with ratings, dropping or randomly moving imported stuff.