I've started sending this message to eBay sellers after I buy:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MisterFanwank, May 5, 2012.

1. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I wrote it strongly and with little ambiguity. It is under 1000 words and I invite everyone to start sending this to sellers to preempt any shenanigans.

It also makes me sound like 7-of-9 from Voyager.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well for what its worth, I wouldn't be the least bit offended to receive something like that (in fact I think all of those things should go with out saying), especially since 3 days is plenty of time when it comes to responding to messages.

However, since people these days tend to get offended over nothing (don't think I need to explain this), I'd probably change some of the wording to sound a little less demanding. Other than that, its like I said. Sending shit out after getting paid, sending what was promised, and letting the buyer know every step of the way is common business sense. However again, people often get offended over nothing, so I'd really wanna word that shit differently.

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    The disclaimer in the beginning is enough for me. You're welcome to change it however you want for your purposes.

I meant for it to sound somewhat threatening, like a pseudo legal document.

4. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I get that, but to an irrational person (aka, how we should pretty much treat everyone on the internet until we've been shown otherwise), it could come off bad, is all I'm saying.

5. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should send that with the payment or before buying it rather than after..

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    when you pay for an item, there's an option to leave the seller a message.

i always use it to post the following:

and 99% of the time it works and i get a shipping confirmation and tracking #.

7. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    ^ That works, too.

@TNS: If their service is good I don't care.

@Erland: I do send this with the payment.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's your ebay id?

If the label is printed through ebay/paypal, the seller is notified immidiately. And I don't always check my ebay messages so a 'problem' may go undetected for more than 3 days. This just sounds like another in the long list of reasons why ebay is a challenging place to sell items. If I received this message, I would promptly refund your purchase amount and relist the item. Not worth the inevitable headache.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno, as a seller, I'd probably just say forget about it lol. Not to sound rude but that would be a mega signal that there is a high chance I'm going to have a problem with this buyer.

I speak as a power seller, buyers on eBay LOVE dicking sellers around because they know we have zero protection. Has a seller ever won a Case against a buyer? I know I haven't..... And I've had some weird cases.

DC showed the item delivered, lost that one
    Buyer switching figures and sending me something completely different back, lost that one too

And the empty box return.... That one sucks hard lol. At least send me a rock or newspaper lmao!

10. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    It just comes off bad regardless. I personally don't think it has anything to do with rationality, or irrationality. Moreso, I believe it comes down to whether or not a person wants to come off as or be interpreted/perceived as a total dick, or a polite and respectful person.

Everyone knows ebay goes off of paypal. If you don't get your shit in 40 days, file a claim and escalate it if need be before it passes the day 45 mark. Get your money back. Its that easy. Or, save yourself the damned headache/ potential headache and read the seller's feedback and decide whether or not you want to buy from the person. Sending an abrasive message like that would make me want to block someone from ever buying from me again to say nothing of me refunding the money back to the person and telling them to go fuck themselves in a professional and polite manner.

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I think you sound like an absolute jerk. My 100% feedback speaks for itself, so if someone were to send me something like that, the item would "no longer be available." Ebay already has established rules. I don't need some pushy nobody telling me how to conduct my business.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  12. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    How incredibly persnickety. Instead of sending uptight passive aggressive messages to most likely perfectly decent people because you keep getting burned, why not stop using the site? It's just like the Sex Ed teacher always tells you, abstinence is the only guaranteed way to avoid being screwed.

13. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    As a seller with 100% feedback, if I see a message like that I would cancel the whole listing and refund the seller. The message reads as a potential problem and I will not deal with it.

Like Dark Seeker said, look at the sellers feedback before doing any business with him or her.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  14. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Upon waking from a laughter coma that message would give me if I received it, I'd forward it to eBay, confidently expect the transaction to be administratively canceled and push to get the buyer suspended for feedback extortion, which would be a cakewalk.

For people like the OP, I state in my auctions Do Not Bid.

15. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I've had to hound people who've had 99.9% feedback and 1000+ transactions several times over the past couple of months. My expectations are fair and the consequences I laid out are reasonable.

I'll accept that, sending the message to people with 100% feedback and a high number of transactions is silly, but I will send it to everyone else.

16. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Reposted for truth, OP confirmed as god tier butthole.

17. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, how about something like (and please keep in mind I'm writing this on the spot without lengthy editing or much thought at 6 am so its by no means a final or otherwise polished draft, be it grammatically or content wise)...

Like, I still think all of this goes without saying, but if you're gonna make a statement, I feel something of this nature would yield more favorably results.

18. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I dunno man, with auctions saying there's an "expected delivery date" I don't see a need for an abrasive, dickish, rude message. Unless of course, the item was NOT delivered in that estimated time frame stated on the auction. As for it being fair and reasonable the consequences laid out. Yeah they are fair....but sometimes the obvious does not need to be stated to someone who already knows the consequences. Its not only annoying, but the so called "hounding" is also NOT needed unless again, the item was not delivered in the time frame indicated in the auction. Patience is a virtue and the OP makes it seem like he has little to none.

The other thing I'm seeing here is a bunch of fucking whining. What do I mean? Well its like "I want you the seller to consider me the buyer!!!!" whaaa whaaa whaaa. But what about the seller? The OP has given the impression that he doesn't give a shit about the seller and that the seller may have something called....a life. While communicating is important, there's no need to be a dick about it. But hey, they say you are what you eat.....

And just in case, OP, if you don't like what I'm saying then please refrain from posting up shit that makes you look like a dick just to flex some kind of e-peen or get negative attention. Clearly, you're not going to be able to explain your way out of this one. And even if the items were not delivered in the estimated time frame the auction stated, there is no need to ever be a dick to anyone about it. That is all.

19. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    QFT. IMO, this is a message that should be sent PRIOR to winning an auction, so that the seller has the option of deleting all of your bids if he doesn't want to be bothered with this insanity.

20. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Haha.

Like, I think Fankwank's a cool guy & all, but this really is ridiculous, and only goes to further why I'm not in the least bit interested in selling on ebay.