I've seen some dumb drivers before but.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AutoBobby, Mar 11, 2012.

1. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too, I only go shopping in the morning

2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Hopefully she had the common sense to be scared shitless and never ride with that guy again.

We had a case just last year where a 16 year old was sent to juvie for vehicular homicide because she was looking at her backpack in her friend's lap long enough that she rear-ended a car that had stopped to let a family cross in a crosswalk. Rear ended them so hard the stopped car shot forward into the family and threw the mother and her 2 year old 32 feet, killing the 2 year old.

--Moony

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whenever I see someone texting or talking on the phone and driving, I wish more than anything that I had some kind of gun that I could shoot their phone with, or that my car had a robotic arm that could reach into their car (breaking a window if necessary), take their phone, and throw it away.

4. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

That TXT must have been more important than there lives and the other around them... I turn off my phone when I drive. That is what Voice mail is for :) 

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hhahaahaha, I'd have loved to see that shit go down live.

6. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

It's these kinds of drivers that make it hard for the rest of us. They can cause more problems for you than for themselves, and most of the time they act like it is your fault. I don't know how many times I have wanted a button im our car to make the car in front of us dissappear.

7. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do your Wal-Mart shopping at 1-3 AM.

8. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    Heh, reminds me of the driver I saw on my way home from church. Let's see, he was brushing his teeth, smoking, and texting all while trying to drive. Surprised he didn't hit anyone.

Why do people think doing this kind of stuff is a good idea?

9. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Because they think they can get away with it.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would someone simultaneously smoke and brush their teeth?

11. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

I've heard stories about my grandmother backing into the side of her house at least 20 years ago and knocking my grandfather out of bed.

12. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

All I can say to you people is drive for a living - the stupid shit that drivers pull when you have to put up with it for 12 hours at a time will drive a man to think evil evil thoughst... I knew there was a reason I got my gun license

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    That's probably just their colourful way of explaining how your parents were born.

14. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

What about my mother fearing for her life as my grandmother drove up on a curb and nearly hit a stop sign?

15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, I can sympathize. In my area there are a lot of annoying people. Just Friday I was driving down the main stretch of road in my town, a somewhat small road with two lanes on each side with a turning lane in the middle. Some idiot passed me going well over 20 miles faster than the speed limit, and the quick glance I got was of her eating a burger with one hand and texting with the other. No hands on the wheel, no knees, nothing. Sometimes I swear I'm the only person in my town that actually listened in driver's ed.

I can totally relate to this. When I was first learning to drive I would go through the middle of town during rush-hour but I would not go near Walmart's parking lot. My first experience driving in there was an absolute terror, and that was the one situation they never taught us about in driver's ed. Now I just prepare for the idiocy so it doesn't catch me by surprise.

16. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Think about it some more, namely the parts about the back of your grandmother knocking your grandfather outa the bed.

... :lol 

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Minivans. I hate them.

I wish Spy Hunter music (peter gunn theme) could play in the air while driving. It would feel appropiate.

18. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I wish you could give positive or negative feedback to drivers on the road like you can on youtube & many forums.

19. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

This is why I don't own a car, a license or even wish to. Seriously, there is no logic in peoples minds when they drive.

Just the other day while walking home some guy stalled out, literally stalled out, while trying to cross a bridge. The result was that two cars behind him were involved in a rear-end collision.

And then they didn't know what the hell they were supposed to do! I mean seriously, it must have taken them at least five minutes just to pull off to the side road and let the flow of traffic continue. Mind you the other lane kept coming over the bridge, so it would take a bit of time to get off to the side of the road anyway, especailly since its a one-way street going that way.

Then there are the people that are always in a frigging hurry. They cut you off, dodge through traffic, weave in and out. And occassionaly they make the stupidest moves you could imagine. Like the one guy on the weekend who cut my dad off while driving, only to have to immediately go back to the other lane because of construction ahead. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Driving a vehicle is a responsability, its the same as somebody babysitting or doing something else. You are responsible for your safety AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS WHILE ON THE ROAD. Hell it is against the law to text while driving in my city, and yet still these morons will do it. Why? Not because they're stupid, no, its because they seriously have no regard for human life or the consequences that can result when you don't pay attention.

Even riding on a bus isn't as safe as you might think. Some yokel driving a delivery truck actually had the balls to cut off a bus in the middle of an intersection. I really feel for all those bus drivers who have to constantly deal with the shit they do.

In my eyes, the law of the road is the law you do not mess around with that, for if you do prepare to face a heavy penalty indeed.

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

..............I need to visit the General Discussion forum more often.