I've really had enough of Hasbro's nonsense

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Demolisher, Jul 27, 2007.

1. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

The movie came out here today, and the movie toys are still stuck on Wave 1 for the most part. The Deluxes aren't even at fully wide release.

This is the same bullshit they pulled with Classics. We only got Wave 1 and even those got terrible distribution.

We may never see '08 Bee here aside from the exclusive Voyager Prime 2 pack which I don't want since I already have Robovision Prime, and we'll probably never see Arcee. After all we never saw Grimlock, Mirage, Cliffjumper or Ramjet.
    We'll be forced to pay scalper prices for a lot of the movie figures.

I'm just fucking sick of it. Hasbro, if you're reading this, you're twats with no respect for your foreign fans. You shouldn't have allowed '08 Bumblebee to be scalped so easily to begin with and you definitely should have considered people in countries that aren't America wanting to buy your toys.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to let you know, I am in the US, and have around 10 stores I go to locally- I have not seen BB '08 either. Or other wave 3 stuff for that matter.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The_Demolisher, you are in the UK are you not?

You should be used to this by now.
    Hasbro seems to be very hellbent on making it hard for people to collect if they arent based in the US.

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    You could always switch over to some Mattel product. I'm sure there's a good Barbie website out there.

5. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

08 BB is actaully listed on the UK hasbrotoyshop site for rrp, so if you can't find him in shops then you'll be able to get him from there for sure.
    And if you try Argos for movie toys you'll find that they're full of non protoform deluxes up to Wreckage. Amazingly ASDA are being very good for most of the movie range in my area as well.
    Don't give up hope!

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:

Really, up until and including yesterday, my local Argos was just getting solid cases of the Protoforms, kettering has about 18 protoforms in stock.
    Also, I checked 5 Argos, and 4 Argos Extra, none have anything past the Protoforms, and Ratchet + Blackout. No real deluxes, no Ironhide or Screamer.

Even TRU, 1 case worth of actual movie toys, tens of pegs chock full of Protoforms.
    Still, until Bonecrusher and Swindle get released (late October to December-ish?), Im all caught up on Deluxes.

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    :lol 

8. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

My argos had an offer n deluxes for £7.49 and they had a whole bin full of Wreckage and Barricade, must be selling well in Wales then...

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Barricade has been a bitch to find.
    Tried every Argos in Northamptonshire, no luck
    Every Woolworths in the area, no luck
    Every Woolworths in North Norfolk, no luck
    The nearest ASDA, no luck
    Both TRU's within 1 hour driving of me, no luck

Finally, I find the last one in the corner of a tiny Toymaster in Hunstanton, and when I get it, its missing a piece, fan-freaking-tastic.

10. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You should be complaining to the stores that aren't ordering the product, not Hasbro.

11. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    In Sweden we're still stuck with wave 1, at least at TRU and other, larger toy store chains. Retail prices here are waaaaay higher than in the US, so most of us collectors order from bbts etc., since it's much cheaper for us that way, even if all the packages were to get caught in customs. For instance, a movie deluxe figure has a retail price of $9.99 in the US, right? In Sweden, the retail price is a whopping $30!!! Cyber Stompin' OP and BB have a US retail price of $19.99, and in Sweden it's $80. That's just ridiculous! The high retail prices draw the sales down, so we're stuck with waves for long periods of time. With Cybertron, we missed out on a whole wave due to low sales! A three - four times higher retail price isn't justifiable, no matter what way you look at it. Shipping costs from the factories in Asia aren't more expensive than shipping to the US, and the dollar has dropped a lot lately, making it even more screwed up.

12. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

It's a two-way street, the UK has some products that the US can't get without paying an arm and a leg for. Its the name of the game with global commerce. Sometimes its not profitable for a company to distribute toys in unlimited supply to every corner of the world, so they have to allocate resources to raise profits. It just the way the cookie crumbles in global capitalism.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    hasbro doesnt "allow" scalping of the toys. its not under their control.

Pointless if he's outside the US. in many countries, yes, it is hasbro that should be bitched at. like hasbro UK.

14. BlackTrailerOps

Why exactly is this in the movie forum? Probably should be in the Toyark.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Careful, man.
    You're implying that Hasbro UK solicit whole lines and that stores just don't pick them up. That, however, flies totally in the face of everything we have been led to believe ever since we missed out on craploads of Beast Wars (not to mention most of Beast Machines, some of RID, the entire of Universe, a lot of Armada, a lot of Energon, some of Cybertron, most Alternators, some 6" Titaniums, all the Beast Wars reissues, and several Classics figures).
    This is a VERY sore subject for UK collectors; we've paid an absolute fortune to get stuff that US and Canada get routinely, and we continue to do so.
    So if you can back that up, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    This seems like more of a Toyarc problem.

17. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

My local Asda has everything. Go figure.

18. BlackTrailerOps

Some of ya'll act like we get everything dirt cheap and as much of it as we want here in America. We don't, believe me I spent 3 months after Alternator Prime was released trying to find him, bought him on eBay for 35 bucks and the day after I got him in he was in the effing store for 20 bucks. I still can't get my hands on a 20th Anny Prime, I've seen it in person a whopping 1 time and had no money at the time.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No matter how bad things are for us, it's always infinately worse for the UK TF fans. I'm sure they'd love to trade their problems for yours any day.

20. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Well here in Peru we only got wave 1 too, and it seems they will be re-stockeing the same in august according to my contacts. bad luck... since we never get new toys stuffs until Christmas.