I've just about had it with new TFs!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Seems like every single tme I open up a new TF, I barely start transforming it and pieces start popping off like crazy...Now, I am not that rough with the toys and I use the instruction sheet. It just frustrates me so much!! I never used to have this problem! It started with Alternators and continues now with Classics/Universe...

Anyone else aggravated with this?!

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not me. Id rather the pieces pop off than snap.

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    True, but I can't even enjoy TF'ing them for having to put them together!

4. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    just galvatron and ani prowl do that to me.. actully i cant even transform ani prowl to bike mode

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get what you mean. I'm glad they're made so that parts snap off instead of breaking, but it'd be nice if so many of the transformations lately could contain the complexity without having pieces that constantly collide. Universe Prowl is a great example - I don't know how to transform him without popping the wings/doors off.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You sure buddy? Last time that happened to me was BW Dinobot, I guess I just have a way with these things.

7. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    yea I know how ya feel man Galvatron pisses me off when his arm just pops off whenever I touch it :banghead but him falling apart like that makes him alot easier to transform lol

with Prowl the door thing isnt that bad to me as the doors scratch easily

and with Ironhide ive heard hes actually worse than Galvatron is this true?

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    galvatron is very annoying...animated prowl's legs too...apart from that....yeah, silverstreak's doors pop off while transforming..cant think of anything else at the moment..
    so i guess its a personal thing :D  happens to some, i guess

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ironhide isn't bad IMO. There's a few pop-off points on him, but after you've had a few attempts to practice and get the details and order right, it's not tough to TF the toy without issues. Might take some fiddling to get the vehicle mode looking acceptable though.

I'm not a fan of parts that pop off almost unavoidably. Making pieces intended to pop off instead of breaking is good design. Making pieces that are extremely difficult to slip past each other without some joint separating is not.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I was trying to say. Thank you for doing it for me, and better than my attempts :) 

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    whats all this with Animated Prowl? ive never had that problem with him although I did tighten his legs with some clear nail polish when I bought him lol

though I do have alot of trouble getting him to stand up he always falls backwards for some reason

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I was about to say the exact same thing.

13. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

Personally I like the Ball-Joints I think its cool becuse if I feel like being very sick minded I can like mismatch parts and kitbash at will and its awsome, but ill agree some transformers lately just kind of suck... Universe Tankor(octane) FTW I mean its not that his transformations are bad its just like. His head doesnt pop out really and his shoulders are above his head and that wheel that holds his arms are kind of ... well crap really but besides that I dont really mind the new toys I wouldnt mind if they would spend a little bit more money on the animated toys becuse they seem to be lacking any sort of...catch like I bought TFA:Swoop the other day and every time I look at his mace im thinking "Minicon power activate...no? Uhhmmm Energon Translucenceys... nope thats not happening.... I know *evil grin* Cyber Planet key... nope that didnt do anything" I just think that the mace could be better coloured and mabye... spikes... or something pop out of it and more or less were is that mace supposed to go? *sigh* ahhh hasbro/takara when will you learn?

14. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I do have to say there are certain problems I have encountered that seem to run throughout every figure produced, and there's a consistancy across every mold to some degree. Everyone complains that stuff pops off the most on Galvatron so far as I've gathered. The only thing that will pop off almost unprovoked for me is the left arm (The one without the canon). But it comes off with little force at all. It is pretty ridiculous. Prowl's paint on the doors, and roof are sticky as well. I have heard a lot of complaints about the sticky paint. The latest victim seems to be my 2.0 Ironhide. The front windsheild/hood and forward part of the roof are clear plastic painted in the red. It's now sticky and the paint is coming off the edges around the hood scoop the worst. Sideswipe and Silverstreak have no problems..however Silverstreak's joints seem looser than Prowl's. Right out of the package the hood scoop/head fell right off...luckily I just had to snap it back in and it's been fine since.

Secondly I just have to say, I can't believe people still can't transform Prowl/Silverstreak's door/wings without them popping off. Maybe I'm just lucky, but after reading some peoples posts over the past months since owning the figure, I question if people really understand there is a way to rotate the doors, from Alt mode - Bot mode AND back again that will leave the doors still connected and doing just fine. I popped the doors off my Prowl first two times I transformed him, and then never again. However with the problems people have complained about..I'm sure there are Prowl's out there that have Galvatron like doors.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. I don't have 90% of the problems I hear people complaining about. I just think a majority of the time it comes down to being careful and learning the figure. There ARE certain QC problems that Hasbro needs to keep a tighter lip on. Some stuff is just plain common sense and I hope they get better in upcoming products. I probably won't put up with movie figures being less than stellar quality, as I definately don't have the affinity and nostalgia for the Iteration of the characters that I do for G1 and their classics versions.

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Keep practicing. It can be done with a little (not actually complicated once you've got it down) manoeuvring.

Well put.

Matter of fact, Peaugh worked out a mod for Swoop's mace that allows it to do just that - click the ball down and it exposes the flames. Very clever stuff.

16. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have to agree with everyone about Animated Prowl - so disappointed I sold him on ebay!

I do also agree though that I'd rather they pop off than snap off...

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't recall any such problem with newer TFs (even my TFA Prowl was all good) except for TFA Lockdown's right leg, but it was more like falling off than popping off, so I guess it was simply a defective design.

But then again, I haven't bought many new TFs :( 

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When a piece pops off during Transformation, its a mild annoyance for me at best. However, I don't have that problem all too much, especially compared to what I hear on these boards. In fact, there are many quality control problems I hear about that never seem to happen with me. I don't think its that anyone is being more or less rough with their TF's, I just think those with a problem like to get very vocal with it. So, I guess I would say that at the point it is now, it doesn't bother me.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I used a little nail polish on Lockdown's hips, and now his legs are fine. I've never had a problem with TFS Prowl, though.
    The worst culprit I've had in ages for bits popping off is Universe Galvatron. Absolutely terrible for it.

20. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A week out of the package and the paint on my Universe Prowl is still sticky. I go to clean the finger prints off and the paint just rubs away, exposing the clear plastic.

The bolted joint to which the right door is attached is VERY tight, but the ball joint itself is a slightly loose fit meaning the door comes off with little effort.

The spring loaded mechanism for the head didn't work properly either. Had to Dremel a couple of corners to give it enough clearance.

Can't think of the last time i came across a TF with such lousy QC.

Before you do anything else, position the doors/wheel arches so that they're folded out, with the doors facing up, and the bumpers facing down.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008