I've hit a wall...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Soundwave4win, Jul 19, 2010.

?

Is "Warcry Wreckingball" to powerful?

1. Yes, they need to patch that up bad

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No, you just suck at playing

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Yes, it's a bit disorienting to play against

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. No, it's got a counter strategy, you just haven't found it

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

A warcry wall...

now before anyone immediately replies to this saying "YOU SUCK! LEARN HOW TO PLAY!!" i'm going to start from the beginning.

my friends met up today for a party of 5 group multiplayer outing.

Someone suggested Conquest. We all agreed and we played.

being a 5 man party we were together each game. our strategy was originally go as a team and wrecking ball people with a scientist,leader,tank and two scouts. it devolved into 2 man teams and one soloist taking people out. the solo job rotated amongst either me (tank) saygrin (jet) or dragyth (leader) but after seconds of going solo we'd get help.

3rd game we played was on the map with the two obvious bases and the middle lower platform being checkpoint B with boxes all around it.(rust?)

Anyways we're doing fine when I notice that a leader is using warcry.
    Ah that's fine we'll team up on him. take him out, take out his jet buddies and scout buddies. about a minute later I look at the leaderboards and I tell everyone.
    "is it me or are there three leaders?"
    they looked
    "it's true man"

so immediatly I realized this is going to be a potential warcry-wrecking ball just going through. After they catch up to us (300-320) I keep seeing leader after leader come after my pinkatron (yes that's right pink megatron ftw)
    after I die for the 3rd time I look at the leader boards...

4 leaders, one jet

"guys you seeing this?"
    "yep"
    "you ready for this?"
    "yep"

we went in guns a blazing. flanking them. shooting them with fussion cannons and scatter blasters and scrapmakers and I had my Ion Displacer. We killed 2-3 of the leaders. before we jump on the last one the 3 leaders ram in and all pop a warcry. Jet flies in and heals his buddy. they turn the wrecking ball on. they roll us over...

I'm going to be honest I thought you could beat this with a counter strategy. but it seems the only POSSIBLE way is too either do the exact same thing back at them...
    or run...

I think leaders by themselves are manageable. leaders with groups are manageable. leaders with leaders with leaders. i don't know what to think about that.

opinions?

2. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Interesting situation.

Yeah, Leaders are tough. I know Soldiers are supposed to be the powerhouses, but with the Ion Blaster, the Thermo mines, Warcry, and Fusion Cannon, I've always thought that Leaders were the most powerful Class.

I've never faced a team of leaders only, but I have delt with a team of scientists who would travel in a group and bomb people from the sky. Those guys SLAUGHTERED my team.

Another time I faced a team of Scouts who would travel in small groups while cloaked and jump people. They too killed us.

I think the best way to deal with this problem is to fight fire with fire, honstly. Steal their strategy and use it against them.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Next time this happens, I suggest switching during the match to a scout, and use stealth and speed.

4. HPSoundwave

HPSoundwave Decepticon Metalhead

I am more a team death match guy who tend to play the soldier alot. But i do find that really if it isn't a little scout puke with the sniper rifle aka null ray, it is a damnable leader with megatron's cannon. But crack out your soldier to have a stabilized gun and go in gun ablazing with the scrapmaker. Everyone dies nicely.

5. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I've encountered class sweeps, and yeah they can be really annoying. I find the Scientist and Leader sweeps are the most difficult to deal with since one can just constantly heal themselves and the other can constantly buff their stats. Usually fire with fire is the best counter, sad but true.

6. Bandork

Bandork King Nothing

Ebay:
    I've seen it before.

My crew play soldier, 2 scouts, scientist and I'm a leader. Scientist stays back and heal, scouts flank and backwhack. Soldier dizzies and I buff and go for the disruption. Brings down leader packs easily. I'll add I use the frag launcher and 2-3 sticks on an enemies head will bring 'em down.

Its satifsfying when you can bring down smart asses.

7. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    drop thermo mines jump over them then shoot them from behind. Or go with 3 soldiers, 1 jet and 1 leader, get everyone buffed, have jet throw down an energon nade and whirlwind away.

8. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    the only way to counter a leader set is a leader set thats my opinion it happend to me and a buddy last night. started off as scout and he had leadern the other team chose all leaders and one plane. so instead of losing the game like we were i swtiched to my leader and recked havoc on them. 1st getting a random message from the other team getting called afusion spammer....and then after in the lobby getting called a glitcher..lol lol

i only do this shit when i get pissed at players and or teams that chose to do it back its called payback and i know ill win because im pretty good with leader class.

in my opinion leader class is overpowerdonly because of war cry...if set up right warcry will suck damage away like no tomorrow.

9. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

My team of five went all Leaders last night just for fun, though we didn't win as much as you'd think.

10. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

lol @ 1 person who said I suck at playing :lolol 

Yeah I'll keep in mind to counter sweep next time I see that

@bandork:

That was our exact set up. our leader was buffing himself. our jet was a medic, our two scouts were sniping and flanking and I was bringing the pain with the Ion Displacer. we were killing them like crazy until they started to spam everything the leader had.

At one point we killed them all but there were like 3-4 mines over the node. so by the time I shot them all (5 seconds) they were all back on top of the node.

After thinking about it I believe how we could have won that game was to let them camp on B and we just have everyone scout up and take A and C. ah well better luck next time

11. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    then theres somthing seriously wrong there lol.... if we roll just two leaders were gauranteed a win lol with 5 pretty much unstoppable... i gues sit really depends who u play with etc etc.