I've had it with hunting!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fairlady_Z, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Oh, I'm not done completely I'll gladly search for Animated stuff and more Classics next year, but when it comes to exclusives and rare Titanium or whatever I'm fed up! The headache is not worth the hassle. There are very few Wal-Marts in my area and after leaving my name and number with the closest store to call me if they got in any MP Starscreams only to not get called and find they sold out of them when I checked there a week later... :Gouki:  Not to mention there was no one in the store who even asked "Can I help you?" or seemed to even be working in the toy department or even know what I was talking about! :banghead:  I have a new job at Target so I'll be able to keep an eye on the good stuff there and TRU is pretty helpful in my area. But when it comes to Wal-Mart forget it! I just ordered MP Starcream from BBTS. He may be more money, but with how far away my Wal-Marts are and gas prices now over $3, I've spent as much as I would in gas, just to try and find the sucker and all the diapointment of coming back empty handed especially with the cold weather setting in. I'd rather just get home from work and have a big old package of Starscream waiting ther for me on my porch to brighten my day. I also might have tried using Wal-Mart online but I couldn't even find him and why give them my money after what I went through. Hasbrotoyshop didn't have Screamer listed either. But BBTS has never let me down yet and will continue to see my business in the future. I believe it worthy to support trustworthy online smaller businesses.

Sorry for rambling on, but just thought I'd share.

2. Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus fortuna audaces iuvat

I completely agree. Sometimes you got to think about how much time is spent just hunting and never actually finding what you want. Just wish BBTS's prices weren't as bad as scalpers.

3. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

Well, I personally haven't done hardly any of what I'd classify "hunting" since the 2004 Energon drought excluding the very short period that Classics 1.0 was available.

At first it was out of necessity, importing 2x Binaltech because nobody wanted to sell Alternators. Later it was out of sheer spite, importing Galaxy Force long after Cybertron finally started trickling in. Then gas prices spiked enough that it was too expensive to go back even if I wanted to. This year's been lousy product-wise (movie monsters, see also Beast Machines and 1999) and I'll end up importing Takara's USA Starscream because of how fucking hard Hasbro's version is being scalped (I won't participate in this clusterfuck if I can help it).

Now, when Classics 2.0 rolls around, I'll be ordering those by the case (or cases, as the case may be) through a distributor. I might even do the same with Animated, if only to regain some control over what I can and can't add to my collection. So if you're having trouble finding those when the time comes, keep an eye out on the Junkion Exchange.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I feel your pain, 4 walmarts in one day and nothing worth buying at all.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Dude, Starscream is in the area... Check the sightings forum.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just wished BBTS wasn't scalping . . .

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I just found him today and he was plenitful at the wal-mart I went to. Don't despair. It's funny, I checked a farther out wal-mart that I usually don't on a sighting from seibertron, nothing there, decided to hit the one closest to my house, bingo!

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I find it funny that you actually gave an Wal-mart employee your number expecting them to call you.:dunce 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Perhaps his (and others here) have different experiences than I do at Wal*mart stores, but the fact that he found an employee to give his number to is a miracle within itself.

In the past, I actually had the person working in toys answer "what's a Transformer?" when asked where I could find the Transformers toys.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Absolutely. I love venison, but it's just such a hassle nowadays.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You actually believed they would call you back? :lol 

12. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am also done. It's wasting time. All it is is that at walmart, you just look through the isles and find absolutely nothing! I has gotten to me too many times. I can wait for Christmas. But be warned everyone. Get the classics 2 while there hot! Because after awhile they will be just like the movie toys!

13. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

LOL, tha's great! :lolol 

14. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I hate when I call a store looking for something, and they just cop an attitude right away.

They like to answer the phone all sweaty like darth vader breathing.... "Toy department" answers like "ya" ...."no" "nope" "uh-uh" ....

Like dude....ISN'T IT YOUR DAMN JOB YOU SCHMUCK!!

Then I get all giddy that I finally hit a perky employee, and they have no clue.

How friggin hard IS working the damn toy department for chrissakes!!

ID OWN PEOPLE THERE.

Makes me want to fill out an application sometimes, and take their dam job cause THEY SUCKKK!

The best quality they have is thier good with a box-cutter....lol

15. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I see what you did there.

16. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I am! I'm not hunting anymore. MP Starscream is my last hunt. I'm not going after new stuff anymore, I'm gonna wait til it's old & has reached saturation. I'll get exclusives off Ebay after the hype has died down. I can't afford to blow money on gas anymore & I'm sick of the store employees that don't help & don't care.

17. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i heard ages 3 and up is selling walmart starscreams at $94 each plus taxes.

18. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I completely agree. Its a huge hassle and I am growing weary of lame employees that dont give to craps about what your looking for. I will casually look if I'm there, but will no longer go just for tf. I have been just calling stores lately if I want something. I've found that target employees will help you more than walmart so dont expect stellar service when you call walmart..

19. noob_collection

noob_collection noob at collecting

Just get back at them by looking for pricechecks on magnum condoms and peanut butter on the same phonecall:lolol 

People can be very stupid which questions why they hire these ppl.

20. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I think the hunt is one of the biggest part of my collecting experience. I know that it sucks not finding anything for three weeks but what a great feeling it is when, on that fourth week you walk in and there is only one of that elusive toy on the shelf or peg. The feeling I get when I check out at the register, knowing that I have finally accomplished something I have been trying to do for weeks has paid off is one of the best feelings in the world.